Moms and Maids

Bridesmaids only?

Not to rain on anyone's parade...but I thought this board was for Bridesmaids and MOBs and such. Not for Brides themselves...the sticky at the top says if you are a bride that you should post in the Wedding Party forum.

Yeah, I know it's no big deal. But on different topics brides will have a WAY different point of view than someone in the wedding party would have.

Just wanted to point it out... All in love of course Laughing
~ Married to my love 7/31/04 ~ ~ Mommy to Baby C 10/14/09 ~ ~ MOH for my sis on 10/7/07 ~ ~ BM for my BF on 4/30/11 ~

Re: Bridesmaids only?

• edited December 2011
    Actually I think this part is to discuss moms and bridesmaids?
    panther
  • edited December 2011
    As an MOB, I appreciate reading opinions of brides as well as moms and BMs. It's always helpful to have different points of view to consider. There's no rule saying that brides can't post here.
    And to be honest, there are not enough moms and 'maids' to keep this board busy, so I'm glad the brides check in once in awhile : )

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The opinions of many can help a bride (and groom) make a decision.  You're really overthinking this.  Not to mention that many of us have been on this board:  brides and moms both for a long time.

I don't really see why you have a concern about who posts where?  Isn't advice and perspective helpful from everyone?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hate to break it to you but most of us brides have been BMs and MOHs in the past.  We didn't develop amnesia when we got engaged.  It's not like we don't have anything to offer and are usually the first to confirm if you are dealing with a bridezilla.  And if we want the opinion of other BMs or MOBs, this would be the best place to turn.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • danielsbekahdanielsbekah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like I said in my original post...it's no big deal. I don't mind hearing the opinions of brides. But this is the text copied and pasted from the sticky at the top of this forum:

"Primarily, this board is supposed to be here for Mothers of the bride and grooms to talk to people and get advice about their child's upcoming wedding.

It's also here for Bridesmaids to ask questions that they may have about a wedding that they have been asked to be a part of in the future.

If you have complaints about your Bridal Party, please post it on the Wedding Party board, since it's there for that purpose.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM or email me.
    dawggirl.wedding@gmail.com

Or you can page me on the June 2010 board, since I spend most of my time there."

I would love to have advice from brides - from ANYONE - and hear all different opinions on different topics. But the sticky suggests that this forum is not one that is for complaints about your Bridal Party. I was just pointing it out.

And yes, I am new here...and I'm sure many have been posting here for a long time. But as a new person coming onto a new board, I expect it to be what it said. If I wanted to give a bride any advice on Bridal Party issues - then I would go over to that board.

I'll say it again: IT'S NO BIG DEAL. This board was just not what I was expecting it to be and so I was trying to get clarification.

Thanks.
    ~ Married to my love 7/31/04 ~ ~ Mommy to Baby C 10/14/09 ~ ~ MOH for my sis on 10/7/07 ~ ~ BM for my BF on 4/30/11 ~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards