• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Vent: The Unemployment System is really messed up!

Seriously, I've been fighting with them since Jan, that's 8 months, because they originally claimed I owed them 4000.00 dollars back support and I didn't. It's not reduced to 800, but they took my state tax refund (300.00) that was supposed to go to wedding stuff.

They lost my appeal for a court date...i've never been in court in my life!

And now...on July 30th, they told me that the letter was sent out June 20th notifying me of my date/attorney...to my OLD ADDRESS that I changed in MAY!

Uh...DUH!

Re: Vent: The Unemployment System is really messed up!

• yeah, it really is.
    My FBIL is on it and he really shouldn't be.  He's been on it for a LONG time (multiple times in years and I thought you couldn't get it if you quit) and recently he refused to take a job offer because he preferred being on unemployment.

I hate when they allow people to take advantage of it because it really screws people who legitimately need it.
    TTC since 2010
    Me: 36, slightly elevated FSH. Everything else (hysterescopy, HSG, b/w) normal.
    DH:30, with super sperm? >200mil post wash
    BFP #1 - May 2011 - m/c @ 8weeks
    IUI #1 - July 26 2012 - Femara = BFN
    Suprise BFP Jan 15 2013. Hope this one sticks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • oh believe me I know it's messed up.  my dad is on unemployment (and has been off and on my whole life).  he's been looking for a full time job for 2 years now, but every now and then the company that laid him off asks him to come back, so he doesnt claim unemployment for those days/weeks that he works, but its still not enough.  luckily we're splitting this wedding amongst everyone so it will be paid for!
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards