April 2013 Weddings

Distracted

All I want to do is go home and check the mailbox.  The freakin mailman doesn't even come till 1pm.  Anybody have a stash of chill pills?  This wedding is all I can think about now that I'm at the 2 month(and 1 day) mark.  Maybe I should've quit my job before the wedding, lol.

Re: Distracted

• Oh yeah, I am the same!!!  I have no time for work.  Hopefully they don't view my internet usage... if they do, I may not have to work anymore!  I day dream and google wedding and baby stuff for about half of my day.  I actually have to set mini goals to make myself work.  Like:  I can go online for an hour if I do 10 contracts first. LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • I am the same way!! Today is my 60 day mark (April 27th is the big day!)...I'm obsessively checking my emails for RSVPs (we are doing the RSVP through our wedding website)!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_distracted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:1e284a1b-2584-4c35-8996-722a31a81a8dPost:106b99bf-2b2d-49bf-a954-45dfec36b6e0">Re: Distracted</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am the same way!! Today is my 60 day mark (April 27th is the big day!)...I'm obsessively checking my emails for RSVPs (we are doing the RSVP through our wedding website)!!
    Posted by Leannmb1[/QUOTE]

I thought about doing that but I was worried about people doing too many write-ins.  I guess in that situation it would be a "type in" lol.  Our RSVP cards have the number of seats we reserved for the person/group and the Name ________ with the __ accept or ___ decline option so they should be pretty straight forward.

I also wanted to save the money on the postage but FMIL and my mom were concerned about our older relatives :-/
  • I am so distracted at work!  Not sure what I am going to do after the wedding lol
  • Hahaha I'm glad I'm not alone! I'm the same way- just want to do wedding stuff or dream about baby stuff.. It's sad. It's actually busy today because we're about to be moving tons of people and I have to start prepping for that and I was like, whoa, busy? what's this?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2013
    Same here! 59 days to go!
    I dont know what I'm going to do with myself after the wedding LOL life will be boring then
  • I'm totally distracted all the time. Thankfully, it hasn't been crazy busy at work, but i should probably focus more than i do now. But it's so much fun registry and mailbox stalking and daydreaming and looking up things to do, places to eat and things to see for the honeymoon!

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I am not alone! It's 45 days for me and the mailbox has been empty for a week and a half, so all I can think is "Have we gotten any more RSVPs?" Then I'm on here and doing other wedding stuff while on calls or on hold.

• 40 days for us. I want more in! We have a little under half of our people responded. Of course, we haven't gotten any from my parents, my sister (MOH), his mom, or a few other VIPs which is frustrating!

I think we shot ourselves in the foot by making them "mad libs." SOOO many people have told me that they're trying to think of the perfect things to enter. I'm like "I don't care! Just tell me if you're coming!"
  • 36 days to go for us! And our RSVP deadline is this Friday. There are still a handful to come in and all I want to do is sit next to the mailbox every day... when I'm not browsing on here or rearranging our hypothetical seating chart that is.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_distracted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:1e284a1b-2584-4c35-8996-722a31a81a8dPost:15f52a63-3a13-4c16-a820-5811cd862e7c">Re: Distracted</a>:
    [QUOTE]36 days to go for us! And our RSVP deadline is this Friday. There are still a handful to come in and all I want to do is sit next to the mailbox every day... when I'm not browsing on here or rearranging our hypothetical seating chart that is.
    Posted by tiny speck[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha!  Yea, I've played with the seating chart with the number of guests I'm hoping/assuming will come.  We've gotten half of our RSVPs back so far and half of the yes's we expected lol.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards