Georgia-Atlanta

Snow Stress!

I have never been so disappointed about a snow day! Tomorrow afternoon, my FH and I are supposed to take our long-planned trip to ATL to meet with our catering manager, photographer, and potential DJ and potential officiant! Even if we can make it down there before it snows tomorrow, what if it's too nasty out to actually make it to 3 out of 4 of our meetings?! A little of this stress is that my first in-class day of my Elementary Ed internship was tomorrow a.m. (was REALLY looking forward to that), so I may be being totally irrational (sorry if I am) but..... ARGH!!!!! Sorry, had to get that out. Anyone worried about wedding related (or other) issues based on this snow heading in our general direction?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Snow Stress!

• Danigirl259Danigirl259 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really don't think the snow is coming this far. From what I can tell tomorrow is just suppose to rain and Sat is just a mix but nothing seriouse. I see you are from Tenn, one thing you need to know about Ga snow rarely happens and if it does its nothing but flurries. I don't think you have to worry about the snow. Its just suppose to rain. Don't stress its what we call "Ga weather". Everyone freaks out about EVERYTHING!! They say snow and schools close down for fllurries!! It will work out for you!! Have fun with it and try not to stress too much!!
  • BekkersBekkers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That was so just what I needed to hear right now! They called school off here (stupid, it's 100% dry out) and I heard rumors of snow in GA. Been running around all day, this is my first chance to actually check reliable weather. Although, I seem to be on the knot instead..... like usual. Thanks for the much needed calm words! 
    Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    my FMIL and BM are supposed to go to ATL on saturday for my hair trial and to try on my dress and they are both freaking out...lol Im not too worried since the weather in ATL doesn't appear to be too bad
    imageAnniversary
  • BekkersBekkers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fun! Where are you getting your hair done? Pics? I just checked the weather, it's gonna be reainy and gross but not snowy. I can deal with rainy and gross. FH just heard a rumor that it's snowing in Dalton, which is btwn here and there, but I'm thinking we'll be fine. Fingers crossed!
  • edited December 2011
    Im getting my hair done by a girl who does it out of her home so she come to you the day of....Cortney Nelms. hairbycortney.com
    So we'll see how it goes. PIB of my hair inspiration.
    We're leaving early in the morning so, hopefully there won't be too many people on the road then and we'll get there when the weather isn't too bad. Definitely fingers crossed!
    imageAnniversary
  • BekkersBekkers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck! I heard no snow so far down there, and Danielle says it pretty much never does. We're actually getting a lot here (for us, at least, so a few inches) so we're having to nix the trip entirely, unless we wake up tomorrow and by some miracle it's melted. I'm so disappointed. Fortunately, we got  drinks and Tom's making chili, so I think I can live with being snowed in with my man for 3 days.Wink Let us know how it goes with your trip!
  • Danigirl259Danigirl259 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So how did it go? Did you get to meet with everyone?
  • BekkersBekkers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It wound up being completely snowy all over TN starting in the afternoon yesterday. So we thought we'd just wait for the flurries to die down. Wound up getting all iced over everywhere around us, and just kept snowing! It never, never snows here, and of course it decided to the day before my trip. now it's just gross slush. However, could be much worse. Started my day with coffee and Baileys and the french toast my FI made. Then some movie watching (and an adult beverage or two. Can't drive anyway, right!?). Now he's in the kitchen getting started on his specialty, chili, for dinner. Not quite the weekend I had planned, but totally a decent substitute. How's your weekend?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards