Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Rum river barn experience

Just wondering if any one been to the rum river barn and vineyard in hillman mn? Thanks!!

Re: Rum river barn experience

• Yes I have!! I am having my wedding there actually. It was hard to find and has only had one wedding there ever.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_rum-river-barn-experience?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:0beb701e-3c33-47ea-93e7-5123ac4ca5f2Post:36c3c73f-0589-47a7-b683-f1be1cf31567">Rum river barn experience</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just wondering if any one been to the rum river barn and vineyard in hillman mn? Thanks!!
    Posted by pregoinmn[/QUOTE]
  • We've just booked our August 2013 wedding there!  The barn itself is GORGEOUS,  while it is a newer wedding venue he's been very helpful and you really can't beat the price with BYOB and being able to pick your catering staff. 

He does have quite a few projects he was working on when we viewed the location in May so I'm not sure how his first couple weddings have turned out but I highly recommend seeing the venue and deciding for yourself.

It's actually very easy to get to from the cities/St. Cloud area as well it's straight north on HWY 169 about 5 miles north of Milaca.  My GPS took me on some wonky backroads but if you follow Mapquest Directions it's alot easier.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • LauraJean317LauraJean317 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012

Any estimates on pricing? I'm considering this place but haven't submitted the interest form yet, since it won't be until September/October next year...

• In Response to <a href="http://minneapolis-stpaul.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_rum-river-barn-experience?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:0beb701e-3c33-47ea-93e7-5123ac4ca5f2Post:d72ae672-848f-450a-8c35-d92910dcdb30">Re: Rum river barn experience</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any estimates on pricing? I'm considering this place but haven't submitted the interest form yet, since it won't be until September/October next year...
    Posted by LauraJean317[/QUOTE]

Price is reasonable! We did the whole weekend price, one day is different price then whole weekend. Might want to look into sooner then later, he was booking up fast for next year (very few dates left when we booked!)
  • If you book for the whole weekend (you'd have the grounds from Friday at 12pm roughly- Sunday Evening it's about 3,000.  Less if you only wanted the one day on the weekend but I love that we get to bring in our own catering and alcohol! We're saving a ton just by being able to buy our own booze.  Buzz is also really great to work with and easy going. 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I just booked our July 2013 wedding there. He was so unbelievably helpful and awesome at answering all our questions! He is so easygoing and willing to let you do pretty much whatever you want (within reason) and where else can you find that with a venue? The grounds are beautiful-and I saw them now when all the trees are dead and grass is dead- so imagine in the summer! Can't wait! We booked the whole weekend because he said he was only doing weekend weddings this next year. So I don't think he will let you choose just one day. Overall highly recommend the place the barn is so PERFECT upstairs for our reception hall! :)
  • Just wanted to thank all the 2012 Brides and Grooms for spending their special day(s) at the Rum River Barn and Vineyards!  I'm honored and grateful.  We are booked solid 2013 and look forward to many special weddings as the spring is arriving soon.  Thanks for all the sincere compliments.

Buzz
    owner
    RumRiverBarn.com
    612-801-0546

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards