South Asian Weddings

Color scheme help!

Hi ladies!  I'm trying to figure out what color sari I should get for my bridesmaids and am having a hard time deciding on what goes well with maroon and white.  I'm wearing a maroon and white lengha for the ceremony (closeup attached) and ideally I would like for all the colors to flow well together. I've been looking at bouquet pictures and seeing a lot of pink, peach, and orange colored flowers that look nice together with maroon and white.  What do you think, what colors do you think go well with maroon and white?  Thanks in advance!

Re: Color scheme help!

• edited December 2011
    I think an emerald green would look really nice against that deep maroon.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the emerald green... the only thing, it might look too xmasy.
  • Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    edited December 2011
    I think marigold would also look great and really make the colors pop!
  • rv224rv224 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Purple or orange will work well. Is the venue being decorated in maroon and white as well?
  • temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I love orange and think it would go great with maroon and white... that said, a lot of people aren't that fond of orange, so they might not like to wear an orange sari.  You could try finding a vivid peach?

Many jewel tones will probably match but might look more wintery.
  • edited December 2011
    OOh, I like all the above suggestions!  You could do matching saris, but in different colors too, if you wanted to add more color.  What a gorgeous lengha! 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for your ideas, ladies!  I do love all the colors suggested, but then also had the same thought as temurlang, that some of the girls might not like to wear those colors. :-/  I wouldn't mind wearing them but the girls all have different color skin tones..

rv224 - our ceremony will be outdoors so most of our decor/mandap will be in maroon, white, and peach colors. 

I did see this saree the other day and thought the color looked pretty. What do you ladies think about coral?  Do you think it goes with maroon and white?  The store owner said that I could perhaps put some maroon detailing in the flowers to make it match my lengha more. 

• blue1981blue1981 member
    edited December 2011
    I dont think coral and maroon go together that well, but pink could look nice if it is a complementary shade to maroon..
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • medeawolffmedeawolff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would go with a color that contrasts/compliments, like a nice aquamarine or turquoise color. Turquoise tends to look good on a variety of skin tones, and your outfit will stand out more in comparison. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards