Moms and Maids
Options

just wanted to say, "yeah, i'm jealous" so?

Yes, I admit it. My bridesmaids are very beautiful girls. Am I so wrong for feeling like I need to tone down their beauty on my day? I want to (but I swear I won't) put them in the most hideous dresses I can find, not allow them to do their hair or makeup (lol) and pray they all gain weight from here to then. Ok, ok, I promise I'm just kidding, but is it so wrong of me to be jealous of them? They all have great figures and perfect skin. My moh is impeccably perfect and I just want to feel pretty. Sigh. I'm really just venting here. I'm glad they all look great, I'm honored they will all be a part of my wedding. But I can't help but think that. Big big sigh. I know many of you girls will have a lot of mean things to say about me and my jealousy, but tread lightly, it's a bad hair day, bad weight month and bad mood morning... Cry

Re: just wanted to say, "yeah, i'm jealous" so?

• Options
    Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We all have those moments I think.  Vent away and then let it go.  I'd bet money that when any of those girls are asked, they think you are gorgeous and will likely name an attribute of yours that they envy. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aw girlie. thanks. i will most definitely try to let it go now. well, maybe by the end of the day. lol! have a great long weekend!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG, I just laughed so hard.  It's ok for you to feel jealous. I kind of feel the same way about 1 of my BM's and my MOH, they are both beautiful and skinny and tall.  And I am short, stalky, but I'm not gonna say I'm ugly, cause I know I'm not.  And I'm not tooting my own horn, just being honest.  But to tell you the truth, it doesn't matter if you think they look better than you.  On your wedding day people may look at them and think "those chicks are hot" but in the end they are there for you, and they are all going to be looking at you.  This is the one day that a girl gets to get all dressed up with hair and make up done and have all eyes on her.  SO OWN IT CHICKIE!!!
    Celebrate we will, cause life is short but sweet for certain....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_just-wanted-say-yeah-im-jealous?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:a12240de-f8c8-476e-95ed-72b1b83bb55cPost:23ea38d2-bdc4-4403-a5cb-acf669fc62f0">just wanted to say, "yeah, i'm jealous" so?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, I admit it. My bridesmaids are very beautiful girls. Am I so wrong for feeling like I need to tone down their beauty on my day? I want to (but I swear I won't) put them in the most hideous dresses I can find, not allow them to do their hair or makeup (lol) and pray they all gain weight from here to then. Ok, ok, I promise I'm just kidding, but is it so wrong of me to be jealous of them? They all have great figures and perfect skin. My moh is impeccably perfect and I just want to feel pretty. Sigh. I'm really just venting here. I'm glad they all look great, I'm honored they will all be a part of my wedding. But I can't help but think that. Big big sigh. I know many of you girls will have a lot of mean things to say about me and my jealousy, but tread lightly, it's a bad hair day, bad weight month and bad mood morning...
    Posted by Dorely[/QUOTE]

It's common for us to feel this way.  But always remember that to your fiance you are the most beautiful perfect woman in the world.  And no one  else's opinion matters. 
    "Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies. i'm glad to know i'm not the only one with this issue. i'm feeling better now. besides, it's friday! :-D
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Then you should have just asked only girls that are fat, ugly, bald and have no teeth!  Hahaha...JUST KIDDING!!!

It is ok to feel jealous about others...everyone does.  What you need to remember is that you are the bride and no matter what the other girls look like it is your day and you are the one in the spotlight.  No one will be making comparisons because every bride is gorgeous due to that wonderful wedding day glow :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Remember the royal wedding? Kate was gorgeous and all eyes were on her - the special lady of the day, but of course, all the men (and women) were probably staring at her sister who looked like a drop-dead hottie!!! But even though people's mouths opened when looking at her sister, the focus was still on Kate and her mesmorizing (spelling?) beauty. And I'm sure you'll be the only one up there who is "glowing" :)
    Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    maggie: that sounds like an AWESOME idea... unfortunately the girls have been picked... unless!!!! I got it! I'll shave their heads, force them to eat something black, like black frosting (to make them look toothless because their teeth will be stained black), give them magic "diet pills" to make them gain weight- "mean girls" style and draw zits on them with red permanent marker while they sleep... or maybe not. lol! it might be slightly easier to get over it! :-D

perkins: you're absolutely right. i hope i do have the glow! and weigh a few pounds less! is that too much to ask??? lol!
  • Options
    blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know the feeling. I think it's human and normal, acting on it is the bad part.

You could have them wear pretty but simple dresses so as to play up your own dress. It isn't like you're dressing them down, just simple which I think most brides do anyway. But really, as everyone has said, it won't matter how great they look because you are the bride and that's what everyone will care about.
  • Options
    asialee2asialee2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hear ya. All of my girls are stunning and I am the biggest out of all of them, (now I am not large, just thick and muscular... athletic even!) My girls are all slight. 
    Since day 1, I have joked around with them that I only picked them for aesthetic reasons- and I don't make friends with uglies. Lol.
    Trust me on the big day, all eyes are going to be on you, and they are your accessories. So make sure you have awesome accessories! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm fat.  My MoH and  one of my bridesmaids are stupidly beautiful.  I know how you feel.  But, these are my closest friends.  I want them to look their best.  And, well, I'm done comparing myself against these women, and feeling like I've lost. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sometimes I feel bad about myself as a bride, too. But the thing to remember is that you are the one getting married, you are the one everybody is happy for, and that you were able to find a guy who is absolutely crazy about you. He will be looking only at you and that is what you will remember from that day. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I understand the feeling, all of my bridesmaids are gorgeous. Heck, even my bridesman (male bridesmaid lol) is prettier than I am! But you just have to remember that, though people will aknowledge your wedding party (the dresses, the hair, makeup, etc.) and will undoubtedly notice that they are beautiful, their eyes will continue to come back to you :] and NO ONE will be able to outshine you and you'll be too busy being full of love for your new husband to notice the way your bridesmaids look.
  • Options
    AmynutritionAmynutrition member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure if this post is serious or not but:

I think hot bridesmaids make you look hotter....
    I want everyone at my wedding to say: "Wow, all of her friends must be models" rather than "who let the dogs out?"
    June 2012 Brides

Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha I feel so much better read this! I hoped I wasn't the only one that secretly wanted to put a bridesmaid in a dress to make her look worse!

My one Bridesmaid has been my friend all through college and has continued to be my friend after graduation. We even lived together for a year. I asked her to be in the wedding because of our strong friendship, but through our friendship she has done so many little mean things, walking around the house with a towel on and having wardrobe malfunctions infront of my FI, always having her large boobs hang out and publically tell everyone how tiny mine are that her way is always been and on and on, my mom is making my girls dresses and I've been showing them patterns and this friend is insisting on this one dress because it will make her look hot... but its also the dress i wanted them in... but she HATES this other one, and all the other 3 girls like it and I like it too, so I'm thinking to pick that one just out of personal spite hahaha but I dunno if I will or not... but it feels nice to know i'm not the only one with these thoughts!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_just-wanted-say-yeah-im-jealous?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:a12240de-f8c8-476e-95ed-72b1b83bb55cPost:e76f6f34-4683-42ca-877f-1b795d443d76">Re: just wanted to say, "yeah, i'm jealous" so?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not sure if this post is serious or not but: I think hot bridesmaids make you look hotter.... I want everyone at my wedding to say: "Wow, all of her friends must be models" rather than "who let the dogs out?"
    Posted by Amynutrition[/QUOTE]

I know this thread is a week old and I'm just creeping the board... But I have to say that when I read this is spit my tea out all over my keyboard! LOL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards