Ohio-Columbus
Options

Anyone have their reception at the lodge at Choctaw Lake?

If so, how was it? We're going on Thursday to look at it to see if it's big enough inside and outside for what we want to do with it. Pictures would be awesome if you have any! Thanks!!
Jama and Billy are getting married! - hitchedtickers.com

Re: Anyone have their reception at the lodge at Choctaw Lake?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been to one a few years ago. It is a nice blank slate.   It is a good size hall, but it smeled musty when I toured it in February.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, someone is from London around here? My FI's parents live at the lake (as we call it).

I have been in both of the lodges, the original one is bigger than the other one. The larger one is pretty roomy, the smaller one is more like a big kitchen in a house. The big one does have a full kitchen. It is nice, we considered it briefly and even for the RD, but FI didn't want it bc he had been there so much growing up as a kid. Sorry I couldn't help you more, but if you need me to ask him questions for you, I can.

We are getting married in London at St. Patricks Catholic Church and our reception is at the London Country Club if you know where that is. Good luck with your planning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both! So we went to look at it and Fi thinks it's perfect, but I'm not sold on it. It was very musty indeed, but Fi is convinced if we burn a couple of vanilla scented candles all will be well, lol! The hall is big enough, but it's kind of old. I'm sure with the right decorations it would be nice, but I hadn't really budgeted decorations because I was expecting to get married outside. Decisions, decisions!

Missy - I'm from West Jeff actually and from what I understand I'm supposed to hate you because there's some big West Jeff/London rival thing. LOL!! I think it's a high school thing. Fi has live his whole life here, except when he moved in with me for a couple of years while I lived in Galloway. Now we're buying a house here. I'm from everywhere myself....air force brat, we moved alot when I was younger. I claim Az as my home since it was the last place I moved from and remember the most. I miss it! Good luck with your planning too! You should be close to done by now with less than 2 months to go! How exciting!!  :)
    Jama and Billy are getting married! - hitchedtickers.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I have heard that about the rivalries. It is actually my FI that is from London, but I have spent a lot of time there since we have been together. I actually grew up in Worthington and then ended up graduating for Olentangy HS (yes, old and grungy as they liked to call it). My parents live in the Polaris area. I miss central Ohio so much and praying that we will be able to move back soon. Just don't like it down here in GA that much.

I do agree with the lodge being musty, but I am sure some of those ideas you said would work great. FI actually used to take karate class in there, so I used to watch him practice in there when I could. Yeah, my wedding is getting real, scary close. We still have so much to do yet and being out of state doesn't help any, but we it will be here before I know it. Good luck to you as well. Take care.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    West Jeff has the American Legion post right on 40.  It's pretty cheap and you can bring your own food and drink.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards