New York
Options

Vendor Reviews from 10-10-10 Wedding

Hi everyone!

We had a wonderful wedding last Sunday and I wanted to share my reviews of our vendors for future CNY Brides.

Ceremony Venue- Landmark Theatre- It was the most beautiful venue ever and required little to no decoration. Jake is the coordinator there and she is fantastic to work with. She took care of everything the day of and during rehearsal. She answered any little question we had ahead of time as well. Bonuses- part of your fee goes to help with maintaining an historical landmark and you get your name on the marquee!

Reception Venue- Cicero American Legion/A Catering Effect- Charlie was very knowledgeable and helpful the entire way through. The prices are very reasonable and we received lots of complements on the food. He and his staff made sure everything ran smoothly and even dealt with a couple of my vendors for me when I needed him to. It's a large and very nicely decorated space.

Photographer- Cathryn Lahm Photography- Cathryn started this process our photographer and ended up our friend. We absolutely love her and her pictures are beyond fantastic. She did an engagement shoot, a location shoot, came to our rehearsal (which wasn't even in our contract) and was with us the whole wedding day. Bonus- We have copyright to everything!

Ceremony Musician- Emmett Van Slyke- Emmett is a friend of ours and played acoustic guitar at our ceremony. The music was wonderful and we received many compliments on it. We were a little disappointed that he didn't remember to come to rehearsal and that he didn't play the one song we requested for our recessional.

DJ- Jammin Beats DJs- Mike was our DJ of the day and he did an okay job. It took him about half way through our reception before he finally started to get "warmed up" and play the good stuff. Unfortunately, I think we did have some people leave after dinner because they got a little bored not having anything good to dance to.

Favors-Cornycopia- We had a popcorn buffet/bar for favors at our reception and they provided the popcorn. They have over 30 flavors of popcorn and everything was fresh and delicious. They have a booth at the regional market and at the paradise market. Check them out just for fun!

Dresses- NY Bride and David's Bridal- My dress came from NY Bride. They were very helpful and even steamed my dress for me although I had it altered elsewhere. The bridesmaids' dresses and flower girl dress came from David's Bridal. Their service was excellent and we had no trouble with them at all, even when I had to change the size of a dress we had already ordered.

Tuxedos- Ed at NY Bride was awesome and they have an excellent selection.

Alterations- Barb at Custom Quilts and Designs- She is beyond reasonable and does fantastic work.  Please let me know if anyone would like her number. None of my girls paid over $50 to have alterations done.

Cupcakes-Cupcakes and Smiles- Pam was fantastic to work with and the cupcakes were amazing! We had tons of compliments on them and I also used Pam for my now husband's 30th birthday cake. Lots and lots of flavors to choose from, all baked fresh and from scratch.

OK...I think that's everyone that we dealt with for the wedding. Please let me know if anyone has any questions or would like websites or contact info. Good luck ladies!

Re: Vendor Reviews from 10-10-10 Wedding

• Options
    rraven2718rraven2718 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Forgot the flowers!

Creative Florist in Liverpool did our flowers. I loved all of the bouquets and boutonnieres. I was a little irritated that they put tacky bows on the flower girl basket after I asked them not to (my dad and bridesmaid got them off) and I thought the mother's corsages were a little ugly. Overall, very reasonable prices and beautiful flowers.
  • Options
    FutureDondadaFutureDondada member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you PM me with the alterations #? I have a 9 layer dress and really dont wanna pay a lot but I know Im going to with a dress so big :/
    May 2011-December Siggy My favorite registry item.
    (I managed to shatter the glass in our coffee table so we have none!)
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards