Getting in Shape

Self Inflicted Pressure...

So my wedding is the 1st of September... Laughing Extremely happy about that.  I've already found my dress and ordered it.  I did the most craziest thing when I ordered it and actually ordered it a size smaller than the size I tried on... meaning I have NO other option but to LOSE the weight before my fitting day, which is MAY 24th! 

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might go about getting at least 25 pounds off before this day?  I was doing a little better BUT of course the holidays didn't make it any better and FI and I are on vacation for 3 weeks...

One word..............HELP!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
My Planning Bio - Update 6/8/2012 LilySlim Weight loss tickers

110 Ready to have a Good Time image Final Head Count

Re: Self Inflicted Pressure...

• YIkes!  I'm surprised the bridal store let you do that!  I would say sign up for a site like myfitnesspal.  It helps you track your calorie intake, water consumption, and your work outs/calories burned.  It also helps you make sure you are eating enough (eating too little can actually slow down weight loss).  MFP also provides motivation by calculating stuff like "if every day were like today you would weigh 183 pounds in 5 weeks!"

Also, don't keep junk food/unhealthy stuff in the house.  If it's not there, you can't snack on it.

Try to cut out fast food and soda.  Drink as much water as possible.

Portion size!  Measure out our portions or buy things that come in portion containers.  That snack you are having may only be 200 calories/serving, but if you eat 3 servings and don't realize it your healthy snack is no longer quite so diet friendly!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_self-inflicted-pressure?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:1507ccb8-234e-4be8-ae1a-cfda1548b8b9Post:1d75848b-5f37-452f-88fb-de1d0159fbea">Re: Self Inflicted Pressure...</a>:
    [QUOTE]YIkes!  I'm surprised the bridal store let you do that!  I would say sign up for a site like myfitnesspal.  It helps you track your calorie intake, water consumption, and your work outs/calories burned.  It also helps you make sure you are eating enough (eating too little can actually slow down weight loss).  MFP also provides motivation by calculating stuff like "if every day were like today you would weigh 183 pounds in 5 weeks!" Also, don't keep junk food/unhealthy stuff in the house.  If it's not there, you can't snack on it. Try to cut out fast food and soda.  Drink as much water as possible. Portion size!  Measure out our portions or buy things that come in portion containers.  That snack you are having may only be 200 calories/serving, but if you eat 3 servings and don't realize it your healthy snack is no longer quite so diet friendly!
    Posted by SCogs18[/QUOTE]

Well when I tried to on one size it was a little big... In other words it FIT but I figured oh lets put more stress on myself and get one size smaller. Now I have to get down to that size by May or else it's gonna be BAD for me!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio - Update 6/8/2012 LilySlim Weight loss tickers

110 Ready to have a Good Time image Final Head Count

• Eat lots of protein and vegatables, watch your starch and sugar intake. No more than two starchs a day. Eat smaller portioned  meals every 2.5 hrs.  No late night snacks,  drink lots of  lemon water   I t really works, I  recently lost 22 lbs in 16 weeks.  I now need to have my dress taken in.  
  • Well...that's very gutsy of you to do.

If you stick to the tips PP have mentioned, and put healthy nourishing food into your body and stick to a workout plan, you should be able to drop a heatlhy amount of weight (pound per week) should get you to your goal by Mayish. 

The key is consistency.  Sign up for Myfitness pal.  It's a really valuable tool.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I second Myfitnesspal

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm also a fan of myfitnesspal (feel free to add me, clareruth218).  Even on the days I don't manage to sign in, it has made me a lot more aware of what I put on my plate and into my body.  This was the first holiday that I didn't go for seconds at dinner, because I was more aware of what was in the food and the limits I had.
    Photobucket
  • Do Weight Watchers online!  It really holds you accountable which I think is what you need. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_self-inflicted-pressure?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:1507ccb8-234e-4be8-ae1a-cfda1548b8b9Post:1d75848b-5f37-452f-88fb-de1d0159fbea">Re: Self Inflicted Pressure...</a>:
    [QUOTE]YIkes!  I'm surprised the bridal store let you do that!  I would say sign up for a site like myfitnesspal.  It helps you track your calorie intake, water consumption, and your work outs/calories burned.  It also helps you make sure you are eating enough (eating too little can actually slow down weight loss).  MFP also provides motivation by calculating stuff like "if every day were like today you would weigh 183 pounds in 5 weeks!" Also, don't keep junk food/unhealthy stuff in the house.  If it's not there, you can't snack on it. Try to cut out fast food and soda.  Drink as much water as possible. Portion size!  Measure out our portions or buy things that come in portion containers.  That snack you are having may only be 200 calories/serving, but if you eat 3 servings and don't realize it your healthy snack is no longer quite so diet friendly!
    Posted by SCogs18[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This!

</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • WOW! That is very early for a dress fitting. I hope everything works out for you. Mine is not until a month and a week before our wedding. I have always used counting calories. Eat smaller portions, sometimes it is better to put very little on your plate and if you are REALLY hungry go back and get more. If you already put the food on your plate the first time you are going to eat it even if you are not hungry. To keep from overeating because you are so hungry at meal times, eat small healthy snacks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards