May 2012 Weddings

Nails

Hi ladies!

How are you all doing your nails for the wedding? Anyone doing color, or anything unique?

Re: Nails

• I am doing a french tip with a seashell airbursh design.. I don't have a pic yet, but I hope to have an example soon. I figured I would stay with non color design that way I can wear anything and it won't clash.. ( i'm pesky that way)
  • I'm doing dark nails. French is NMS. I saw a fellow knottie's siggy pic that showed her holding her bouquet with dark nails & I loved it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I want to do something cute and girly, not french tips, but then I want a coat of glitter on top. I love when my nails sparkle!
  • edited February 2012
    I'm probably using Maya from Julep (<-- click).

Or if I'm feeling crazy, Keira (<-- click).

• I get my nails done all the time and usually stick with the french. For the wedding I really want to do something else. I have had colored tips before and didn't like it and I don't want just painted. I really have no idea. I agree I want something that will match with anything since I'm not just doing this for a day.
  • I'm going with a Mauve/purplish pink

• i'm getting a shellac manicure done in either french, light pink, or red.

I would definitely recommend shellac.. you don't have to worry about it chipping. The last time I got it it lasted about 3 weeks without chipping or anything, and the only reason it even came off is because I went to get it taken off.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • french is NMS so I am doing a more nude with some gold glitter scattered
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_nails?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:e89a876e-3f27-4d04-a6a1-5741bcda5333Post:9901feb3-29e9-425f-9dd7-83d6bc82a009">Re: Nails</a>:
    [QUOTE]i'm getting a shellac manicure done in either french, light pink, or red. I would definitely recommend shellac.. you don't have to worry about it chipping. The last time I got it it lasted about 3 weeks without chipping or anything, and the only reason it even came off is because I went to get it taken off.
    Posted by norweigan[/QUOTE]

Ditto! I love shellac manicures...I usually only get it when I'm going on vacation so I can have nice nails the whole time. For the wedding I'll be doing shellac in a nice, light color.
    Photobucket
  • I generally don't get my nails done, so I'm planning on getting a French with Shellac.  I got one for Christmas and really liked it.  It lasted for a while and looked really nice - she did it with a pale pink instead of clear, makes your nails look a lot healthier.  Then I won't have to worry about getting it done right before the wedding and not chipping it (I have horrible soft nails), and won't have to stress about picking another color and looking different than I usually do since I never wear color on my nails. 
    Toes are a different story and will depend on my shoes.  If I find red shoes they'll be something shiny/whitish.  If I find white shoes, they'll be red, and if I go out there and get blue shoes (3rd choice), they'll be gold or something else shiny. 
  • mandydc0509mandydc0509 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I'm just going to grow my finger nails out and get them shaped and buffed. My natural nails actually look very pretty - no need for a french manicure.

For my toes, I'll either get a french pedicure or paint them a blush color.
    Anniversary
  • Hmmm. I haven't put much thought into this. I always assumed I would just do white tips on my nails and toes. But now that I think about it, I see myself being different also. Definitely with something pink tho!
    March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
    He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    For Sale Bio
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_nails?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:e89a876e-3f27-4d04-a6a1-5741bcda5333Post:b5226ba4-2778-4338-9e22-be7b3d02101d">Re: Nails</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am probably going to do a very pale pink/nude.
    Posted by gpapale1[/QUOTE]

ditto
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am not totally sure, but either a French Manicure or a reddish color.  I want to try the shellac because I want it to last throughout the honeymoon :)

For my toes, I'll probably stick with the reddish color.   I like bolder colors on my toes.
    Anniversary
  • I think I'm going to go with a french shellac on both my fingers & toes.  I don't want to overwhelm my dress & accessories, since they are already definitely more on the glam side!
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm doing dark (almost black) on my toes and shellac french on my nails. simple is key for me!
    imageAnniversary
  • I'm getting a french with OPI gel.  I got it once before to see how it looked and it was amazing!  Didn't chip for WEEKS!  The only reason it came off was because I took it off because I had so much regrowth it looked like I needed a fill or something.  I wouldn't recommend regular nail polish - I've never had a manicure that lasted more than 24 hours without chipping.  I also wouldn't recommend getting tips.  Tips just ruin your natural nails, and it'll take months for them to grow back just to have them for one day.  Plus, with the gel it's your real nails so they look amazing and natural!  Tips rarely look natural, even with a neutral color or french - you can just tell.  Go with gel!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_nails?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:e89a876e-3f27-4d04-a6a1-5741bcda5333Post:9901feb3-29e9-425f-9dd7-83d6bc82a009">Re: Nails</a>:
    [QUOTE]i'm getting a shellac manicure done in either french, light pink, or red. I would definitely recommend shellac.. you don't have to worry about it chipping. The last time I got it it lasted about 3 weeks without chipping or anything, and the only reason it even came off is because I went to get it taken off.
    Posted by norweigan[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Everyone says good things about shellac but I did not have any luck with shellac.  It came off as a whole chunk starting the third day I had it on.  Not rough on it at all.  It chipped and all the color was off with a week.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think I will do a very pail nude, or pink.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards