• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
January 2011 Weddings

music selections

what are you selecting as your first dance, daddy daughter, mother son and any other songs they must play?

also, what's on your do not play list.

I'll go first :)

First Dance- At Last- Etta James
Daddy/daughter- Butterfly Kisses
Mother/ Son-  If there hadn't been you by Billy Dean

Do not play list : anything Gewn Stefani, No Doubt or Black Eyed Peas.  Also thinking of saying if it's on MTV right now DO NOT PLAY. 

Re: music selections

• First Dance- How Deep- Eric Clapton
    Daddy/daughter- My Dad is still working on this.
    Mother/ Son-  Not sure yet. 

Nothing produced within the last ten years. Wow that makes me sound old but I like music and most of the newer stuff is terrible.

M
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13 Anniversary pregnancy calendar Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family
  • Oh boy, we still have to do all of this stuff! Here is what I do know:

First Dance- Possibly Just got started lovin' you by James Otto. Might change it.
    Daddy/daughter- Unknown! I have the issue that my dad decided he wasn't coming, so I asked my stepdad if he would like to dance with me, and now my dad IS coming, so I might make them split their dance. Neither has told me what song they want.
    Mother/ Son-  None, FI and FMIL don't like dancing, so they don't want one.

Do not play list: Rap? All the typical "do not plays" like the chicken dance, and cha cha slide my FI's grandma begged for. It will be a blast, that woman is insane!
  • haha i just asked my FMIL if she picked a song and she says she had narrowed it down to four. I forgot what the band mentinoned for the father daughter dance i think it was I loved her first.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • First Dance: Smile by Uncle Kracker
    Father/daughter: You're the Inspiration by Chicago
    Mother/Son: Stand by Me by Ben E. King

As for the do not play list: no little birdie dance, YMCA, electric slide, hokey pokey (yes my grandma wanted that one), cha-cha slide, rap, shania twain (her voice annoys me), and most George Strait

There is one line dance/crowd dance song that I absolutely LOVE.... Cupid Shuffle! That's what we're gonna play to get people out on the dance floor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic March Siggy Challenge Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • First Dance- Amazed by Lonestar
    Daddy/Daughter- Walk With You by Edwin McCain
    Mother/Son- I'll Stand by You
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards