Connecticut
Options

music choices

hey ladies!

what are some of your music choices for your ceremony and reception?

i.e...father daughter dance, cake cutting song, entrance songs, slow songs, garter belt song, bouqet toss song, processional music...any and all lol!?

Re: music choices

• Options
    We used:

First Dance - Old 97's Question
    Father/Daughter - Puttin' on the Ritz Ella Fitzgerald (not typical, but the song meant a lot to us)
    Mother/Son - Run for the Roses Dan Fogleberg (same reason as father daughter)

Processional - Starlight, Muse (Acoustic)
    Me - Blackbird (Acoustic)
    Recessional - Don't Stop Believin' (Acoustic)

We had our DJ play the married couples in our wedding party's first dance songs during cocktail hour. And I made sure our last song was Baby It's Cold Outside (Jan 21 wedding).

I don't remember what was played for cake.
    Our bridal party entered the reception to Brass Bonanza (Whaler's music)
    We entered to Frank Sinatra New York New York (huge Yankees fans).
  • Options
    winterwendy, I LOVE your first dance and processional choices!!!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE music and this is one of my favorite parts of planning the wedding!!! We're still in the early parts of planning but these are my thoughts thus far:

First Dance - You Are the Best Thing by Ray LaMontagne
    Father/Daughter - You're The First, The Last, My Everything by Barry White
    Mother/Son - You've Got a Friend by James Taylor

Processional -
    Mothers and bridal party - possibly The Shining by Badly Drawn Boy
    For Me, either Can't Help Falling In Love by Ingrid Michaelson or Longing to Belong by Pearl Jam (my fi is a PJ freak)
    Recessional - Don't Worry Baby by the Beach Boys

Reception Entrance Songs - Possibly This Modern Love by Bloc Party or Dog Days Are Over by Florence and the Machine

I'm not doing a bouquet or garter toss.
    I have no clue about the cake yet. 

I'm also working very hard to find a fantastic last song!! My sister used Send Me On My Way by Rusted Root and I loved it (seems everyone else did too).
  • Options
    winterwendy, I love your idea to play your bridal party's wedding songs during cocktail hour!  such a cute touch.
  • Options
    I loved picking music for our wedding ^_^  I felt that was one of the aspects of the wedding we were really able to personalize.  (and since I teach music that is one of those things I always notice!)

Bridal party processional - Second movement of Mozart's clarinet concerto
    Bride's processional - Mouret's "Rondeau"
    (I wanted the processional to be traditional without using the default selections...)
    Recessional - Theme from "The Legend of Zelda" ^_^  (this one was a surprise for everyone.  Got a lot of laughs.  Also, my husband and I are giant nerds so it was really appropriate)

Introduction of parents at reception - "Gonna Fly Now" from "Rocky"  (mom's favorite movie)
    Introduction of bridal party - Theme from "The A-Team"  (again, a surprise for them.  They loved it.)
    Introduction of Bride and Groom - Throne Room music from "Star Wars" 

First Dance - "Once in a Million Years" by Blackmore's Night
    Father/Daughter dance - Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" (My Dad got me listening to Pink Floyd when I was little.  This worked really well for us)
    Mother/Son dance - Nat and Natalie Cole "Unforgettable"

Cake Cutting - Monty Python's "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life"  (Loved this one!  Most of our friends ended up singing along)
    Bouquet - Steeleye Span's "The Old Maid in the Garrett"
    Garter - Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher"  (seemed appropriate!)

Putting the Garter on the Groomsman who caught it - Aerosmith "Dude Looks Like a Lady" (we actually had a few possible outcomes for this - we invited everyone out for the garter and bouquet tosses regardless of gender or marital status and told the DJ we'd decide on doing this part or not based on who the catchers ended up being.  It ended up being two of our friends who were really good sports ^_^  I think "Foxy Lady" was the song queued up if a girl was getting the garter put on.)

Anniversary Dance - Billy Joel "Just the Way You Are" (which was my parents' first dance at their wedding.  Their anniversary was the week before our wedding)

So yeah...a lot of fun picking these out.  Definitely a part of the wedding you should just be able to have fun with!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards