Massachusetts-Boston

Wedding at Taj Boston

Hi! I am thinking about having my wedding at the Taj Hotel in Boston and I am wondering if anyone who has had their wedding there would be willing to share their pictures with me. I am considering either the dining room or the rooftop.

Also, what was your overall experience like at the Taj?

Thanks!

Re: Wedding at Taj Boston

• edited December 2011

We looked at the Taj, but ended up going to the Fairmont Copley. One thing to note is that I've heard the Rooftop room leaks during rain, which would be awful during your wedding!

• edited December 2011
    We looked at the Taj too, but ended up booking the Mandarin Oriental instead. We didn't look at the Rooftop room, but the Grand Ballroom was beautiful. We booked at the Mandarin because it has a more modern feel and a lot of stuff was included like uplighting, Frette table linens, and pinspot lighting.
  • edited December 2011
    We had ours at the Harvard Club, but also looked at the Taj.  My friend's sister had their wedding at the Taj and really liked it, they were in the ballroom.  They said that the food was very good.

The one thing she mentioned was that the rooms they stayed in were REALLY small and it was very hard for everyone in the bridal party to fit in the room for getting ready photos etc.  If you have it there, but sure to have a look at the bridal suite, etc if you have a big wedding party.  Will try to get more feedback/photo links.

You can write to me at
    angela dot alberti at umb dot edu

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Krisml-

Hi and welcome! I am getting married on the Rooftop at the Taj in June. I loved the view and the feel of the space. I am working with Deborah as my coordinator and she has been fantastic. After reading feedback on this board I went to the Rooftop on a very rainy day this summer just to see how wet it was and they do a great job of keeping everything dry. The Taj also gave me an incredible rate for room blocks - much cheaper than even the national chain hotels in the area. I also looked at the Mandarin Oriental and Fairmont Copley Plaza. It all really depends on personal preference when selecting the venue, oh and the ever important food and beverage minimum. The F+B min was a dealbreaker for me at other venues. If you are looking for photos of weddings on the roof, there are a handful if you seach Google Images and there are at least two local photogs who have shot weddings on the roof (Person+Killian and Joseph Prezioso) who have them posted on their sites.

All the best with the venue search!
  • edited December 2011
    i remember seeing the taj in my photographers blog. hope this helps you. i wasn't there so i can't really give any feedback about it. it looks really nice though!

http://heatherparker.com/blog/2009/10/15/taj-boston-wedding-photography-by-heather-parker/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards