Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Outdoor Wedding May 2013

My fiance and I are trying to find an outdoor location that is not overly pricy for a May 2013 wedding. We would love to either have it at a barn/farm or under weeping willow trees...

I would love any tips or advice!

Meg

Re: Outdoor Wedding May 2013

• edited January 2012
    My fiance and I are trying to find an outdoor location that is not overly pricy for a May 2013 wedding. We would love to either have it at a barn/farm or under weeping willow trees...

I would love any tips or advice!

Meg
  • MadisonpennyMadisonpenny member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    You'd have better luck posting on your local board. They're to the side <------
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • edited January 2012
    Have you considered Deep Creek, MD?  I am from Pittsburgh but living in Baltimore now and my FI is from Baltimore/DC area....so we chose Deep Creek, MD.  It is only 2.5 hours from the 'Burgh.  We are renting a vacation house there and getting married by the lake in May 2012.  They have all different types of areas to marry by and under (not sure if you will find any barns, but we are using houses named Home Away From Home and At Lake's Edge).  There is one across teh water from our location where you can get married under trees.  We are using Railey Mountain Lake Vacations, http://rentals.deepcreek.com/ the contact name there is Elizabeth Rose.  (Elizabeth is fantastic to work with....!!) 

If this isn't for you....just keep looking at venues.  You will find the one that is right for you, and you will LOVE it as much as we love Deep Creek.  We went through MANY MANY MANY different ideas before choosing ours!!  Good Luck!
  • mayernik center is an affordable, rustic/outdoor venue.
  • Green Gables has a beautiful weeping willow tree for an outdoor ceremony.  I looked into it not too long ago, very affordable, with a few minor exceptions.  PM if you want more information. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards