Massachusetts-Boston

grooms gift

what did you get your now husband as a gift or what are you getting your soon to be husband for a gift?  I have some ideas, but thought it would be helpful to hear what others have come up with too

Re: grooms gift

• edited December 2011
    I haven't thought too much about this yet, but a friend of mine and her now husband had a great exchange.  Since the sense of smell is the strongest sense tied to memory, they exchanged perfume/cologne that neither of them had worn before, and they exchanged after the ceremony, before the reception.
  • edited December 2011
    We actually decided not to give physical gifts to eachother. We figured that our HM was luxurious/awesome enough to take the place of a gift.

We did though exchange cards the morning of. We both wrote out cards and stuck them in our overnight bags so we could open them the morning of the wedding when we wouldn't be together. I loved reading his card and my photog got some awesome and very emotional pictures when I was reading them. (he wrote 2)
  • bmoruzzibmoruzzi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not doing gifts either.  We're spending a lot on the hm.  Plus, we just don't feel the need.
  • edited December 2011
    We haven't talked about this, and I'm not expecting a gift from him. I'm getting his wedding band engraved as a surprise and will probably write him a card and have it sent to him the morning of the wedding.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We decided not to exchange gifts either, but we will be writing cards to eachother for the morning of when we are each getting ready.

FH doesn't know this and even though we decided not to do gifts, as a suprise to him I got him a groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I went overboard hahaha. I got my husband a Tag watch, boudoir/pinup album, and had a grooms cake of our dog made!
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Before our ceremony we played a 10-minute animated short film:
    "The Dot & the Line"

It's our favorite, cute love story.  I gave him a first edition of the book the film was based on.

Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • edited December 2011
    We exchanged wedding presents the night before the wedding.  For my husband, I bought him cuff links from Tiffany.  I know, so cliche.  However, I also bought him two new shirts and one was a gift for that night so he could wear the cuff links and new shirt to the rehearsal dinner. 

He bought me a locket from Tiffany.  However, he also bought me something at the last minute that had me in tears.  We always use little pet names for each other.  So, one of them was "Miss ..."  What he did was buy me a T-shirt with the name saying "Mrs. ...".  I'm telling you, it had me in tears because he had never used the term "Mrs." before.  So, go with something personal and quirky - it works!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my husband a very expense watch, and he got me earrings and a necklace.  We exchanged gifts the night before- after the rehersal dinner, before he left for the hotel.
    12/12/2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards