Arizona-Phoenix

Warning" Once in a Life Tyme Bridal!

I caution any bride or member of a bridal party from purchasing anything from this store. F rating with the Better Business Bureau. I have been a cictim of there horendous business practices as well as witnessed other cumstomers going through terrible dealings with this company. Please read reviews on line fro more info but I encourage you to take your money somewhere else.

Re: Warning" Once in a Life Tyme Bridal!

• sooner365sooner365 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I thought they shut down? Or was the Suzannes?

• edited December 2011
    I do I do closed.  Suzanne's is still open.
  • sooner365sooner365 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ohhhh ok
  • CandJWHITECandJWHITE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Once in a Life tyme is unfortunately still open. I researched everything except bridal shop thinking "what could possibly go wrong- they have ONE thing to do.. order my dress" and they can't even do that. They're idiots. I'm out a 50% deposit. I agree. Nobody should go there. I don't know how they stay in busniess. No bride should go through that stress :(
  • edited December 2011
    Yikes...thanks for the warning!
  • ChrystalleChrystalle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went to them in Nov to price dresses. Took them a month to get back to me & that was after I called every week. I finally went somewhere else before getting any info. Ended up @ I do I do in Phx who were more than helpful. The dresses were ordered in April . Unfortunately, the owner went bankrupt in July, the shop closed w/ no notice.

My MOH called Da Vinci directly to see about getting their dresses. They said they couldn't send them directly to us. They called her back, said "Were sending them to Once in a life tyme,. I personally talked to the mgr about it , when you guys call /go in, theyll know what youre talking about" That was in July. My wedding is in Sept

2 wks before the wedding 2 of my girls had not gotten their dresses. They had to ship 1 to DC, they insisted they do it. She got it16 DAYS before my wedding, sent me a pic of the label. Itd been written on paper that had black squiggles on it, her name was wrong, & they sent it to "Washing DC". The other dress was ordered by I do I do after the 1st 2, Da Vinci said it would come a week later. When we called it was busy or would ring & ring. We left countless messages w/ the girls for the mgr. The ONLY answer we got was "Dont know where it is try next week" So I went in. Shop was empty. The minute Mona heard my name, started apologizing. Showed me the tracking for the DC dress & went back to get the tracking for the other. While she was gone, I noted the utter disarray of the entire place. As well as the phone sitting off the hook. She came back, said the mgr would be to see me. Told her about the convo had w/ Cherish the week prior where she told me I should "Just wait, since were doing you a favor. Its not like you came here & bought the dresses." Mona informed me that she was Cherishs mother, she raised her better than that. Then noticed me eying the phone. The minute she hung it up it started ringing. She answered It was my maid from DC inquiring again about her dress. Mona pointed at me saying "I just showed her the tracking slip it should be there tomorrow" When she hung up it rang again. After that she placed it off the hook. The mgr asked what the 1st call was about, Mona replied "Oh it was about the birdcage veil girl. Not her" pointing at me. I could hear my maid on the other end, the volume was so high, she also texted me she was on w/ them. The mgr assured me the DC dress would be delivered the next day as well as the other dress. Said theyd call my maid the next morning, tell her the dress would be in between 3-4 that day. They never did. She called them & when they finally answeredsaid its not here, should be after 5. 5:22- still not here, the mgr went to UPS to get it. 6:16- shes not answering her cell we dont know where she is she should have it. My maid was told that her dress was in the mgrs (Rebecca) car.

Next day I went in w/ my maid at 4:30. The doors were locked & there was another bridesmaid who had driven from CA (for the 2nd time), she was assured her dress was in. Rebecca got there, opened & left again to go chase down the UPS guy. A 1/2 hr later we finally had the dress. Rebecca heard our complaints & was very apologetic (too little too late IMO).

Im outraged that it took 2 1/2 months to get these dresses.The girls at this shop shouldve been on top of things calling &getting them here in an appropriate amt of time. They are NEVER busy when any of my girls or I have been there, we were the only customers there. My girls have less than 2 weeks to get alterations. The ONLY reason we went here is because the designer sent us here. As far as the "favor" Cherish was talking about, a "favor" wouldve been giving us a discount on the dresses like every other shop in town was offering to do for I do I do customers.

I'm writing a review of them here as well as any other website that will take reviews. Ive also drafted a letter for the BBB, the owner, & the designer.

BTW several of the "rave" reviews below are from employees.

• CandJWHITECandJWHITE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They're such idiots. All of them. I filed with BBB, they never replied. My wedding dress still isn't in! & Won't refund my $500 deposit. So to small claims court we go. Thank God I found another dress- 2 months before my wedding! Girls, nobody should have to go through this for their wedding. They really should not be in business!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards