New Jersey

2 BM in florida.. what are my options?

My sister and friend live in florida. What are my bridesmaid dress shopping options other than davids bridal and macys? also will EVRERYONE be able to try it on before we order it? I would hate to order something i see on my BM here and then to have my sister not like it ... 

Re: 2 BM in florida.. what are my options?

• GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    I had a BM in CA and another in Omaha. My sister and the other BM tried on a bunch of dresses with me in person and we narrowed it down to 3. I looked on the manufacturer's websites and found salons near the others. They went by themselves and took a bunch of pics. This way, everyone had a say in the decision and they got to participate in the "trying on" process too. Oh and they went during the week so they didn't take away from the real buyers and the salons didnt mind helping Once we picked the dress I ordered them from the same place in NJ, to ensure the same dye lot, then sent them their dresses for alterations.
  • My BMs' dresses were from Ann Taylor. We ordered from the website during a sale and got free shipping. They could choose whatever they wanted between three dresses (same color/fabric/skirt length, just different necklines and strap options).

One girl ordered one and liked it and kept it. Another girl ordered two so she could see how each style looked on her. She liked one style but it didn't fit, so she returned both and ordered her preferred style in a different size.

The original order came within a week. The one girl's exchange also went super-fast. And I liked doing this because the girls could just order their street sizes rather than getting measured. They got them tailored wherever they wanted and chose their own shoes and jewelry. It was super-easy and stress-free. I told them that I wouldn't mind if they didn't like the dresses and we could return them and start over with another shop, but they said they were fine with the Ann Taylor dresses.

J. Crew has a lot of bridesmaid dress options (more limited sizes, though, and pricier), and you could also look on Nordstrom.com (a lot of nice options under $150). Maybe start by asking each bridesmaid what she wants to spend, and then look at websites for stores in that budget.
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Another option is to pick a designer/color/fabric/length you like, and let your BMs choose the style that suits them individually.  You can still order through one shop near you, like Giaspo said, to ensure the dye lots are the same.  If you are set on having one dress that's fine, just something to consider. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards