Michigan-Detroit

Re: Confessions/Vents

• Options
    lcsnowflakelcsnowflake member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

everyone must be in a good mood since it is the holidays- but I have both:

vent: my friend keeps inviting me along to things that I'm not really invited to and I wish she would stop!  She invited me along for NYE because they are hanging out at another friend's house with a bunch of couples, but when I saw the girl hosting the party- she didnt invite me herself, so I'm not really invited. 

confession: I just spent three days with the FILs and I am learning that I have quite of bit of adjusting to do in terms of interacting with them.  I guess you are used to what you are raised with because FI is constantly learning how to deal with my family too.

• Options
    jhawthorne85jhawthorne85 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Im not sure how much longer I can handle having my Future Sister In Law in my wedding party..
    We've never gotten along in the 8 1/2 years Chris and I have been together.
    She stood me up to go a bridal show, which I thought, 1. would be good for us to bond and 2. she was in wedding planning school, so i thought it would be good for her to go.

After calling her and texting her the morning of, and no response, one of my other bridesmaids stepped in and went with me, when i get home i have a facebook message that says "im really hung-over, I hope you didn't buy me a ticket"
    HOW IS THAT AN ACCEPTABLE EXCUSE?
    True- I did just put her in my bridal party because she is my fiance's sister.
    But, I was hoping things would work out.

Like I said alot of other things have went down over the years but the next one just keeps getting better..

Infront of the whole family at Christmas, one of the cousins asked her and her boyfriend when they were getting married and he replied " when we have a steady job and a house" Then she starts going off "Yea, UNLIKE you guys (looks at me) and says "You practically forced chris to marry you" and went on for over a minute how I forced Chris to marry me.

First of all, were educated and we have jobs! Unlike HER! (she got fired for *suprise* being RUDE and hasnt been able to get a job in 2 years now!)
    Second of all, we've been together since high school and we are now 25!! Get a grip! I didn't go out and buy the damn ring and force him to put it on my finger.

Im sorry, I thought a "bridesmaid" was supposed to support you, before your marriage and after it. She hasnt done any of it at all...

Im regretting my deicision of putting her in my bridal party.
    Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't get through your whole vent yet but what in the world is Wedding Planning School?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol...well, its to be a wedding planner i guess? it was a semester at Macomb, and now she is a Certified Wedding Planner...
     Sounds interesting, but you need to be a people person for that job. Not for her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:d8fc4c22-bafd-499a-8eff-a736eb422ed1Post:4de52bfd-9ab1-412e-86e2-330573759016">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]lol...well, its to be a wedding planner i guess? it was a semester at Macomb, and now she is a Certified Wedding Planner...  Sounds interesting, but you need to be a people person for that job. Not for her.
    Posted by jhawthorne85[/QUOTE]
    For only $1495, you too can take an <em>online</em> wedding course (versus the classroom version.) 

Maybe FSIL is taking the online course so she's not getting any one on one interaction training. 

<a href="http://www.macomb.edu/NR/rdonlyres/5089825D-61A7-4F2E-8600-712AB9BE50D9/0/EventWeddingPlanner.pdf" rel='nofollow'>http://www.macomb.edu/NR/rdonlyres/5089825D-61A7-4F2E-8600-712AB9BE50D9/0/EventWeddingPlanner.pdf</a>

<a href="http://www.lovegevity.com/event/macombpbswedonline" rel='nofollow'>http://www.lovegevity.com/event/macombpbswedonline</a>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha! Nope she went out to campus every tuesday and thursday last semester.

Whatever, I just dont know what to do!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, as much as it sucks, just ignore her stupid comments.  Taking the high road is really hard sometimes but really there's not a lot else you can do.  And these comments say more about her than you anyway.

It sounds like these comments are more about her own insecurity/not being engaged than anything.  Kinda like I have to make other people feel bad so I don't feel so bad about myself. 

Or she's just a b*tch and then there's really nothing you can do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm late to this, but vent:

I had an appointment to go with FI's sisters to pick out bridesmaids dresses (I've picked the line/color - they pick the style).  FI's mom took the afternoon off work to come with us.  I was in Baltimore visiting them for the holidays, and they were looking forward to being included in the wedding/doing something together, as was I.

Got to the store, and ALL the dresses were out for deodorizing, because the building next door burnt down last week.  That's fine, there's nothing the store could do about that.  The could/should have called us though, so we could have made appointments in another salon and not wasted FMIL's day off!  And their apology for not callling was really a non-apology.  Something about being busy and not having time - in an entire week!
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sick of hearing my FMIL say how my FI should involve his brother.  My FI hates his brother and does not even want him to be there (very long story behind that one).  I don't want his brother and wife to be there either.  They definitely do not make the cut on how we narrowed down our guest list: if they would not be there would it make the wedding feel less AND do we send them a christmas card.  Yes I understand they are family but neither of us consider them family nor want to pay $50 per person for them to be there when we are having a small wedding (80 max) and paying for everything on our own.

I'm sorry, but I'd rather not have weed at my wedding or one person eating all of the buffet food first because they have no patience or respect to think of others or possible nudity due to them drinking (and on my dime) or my FI and his brother punching each other.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards