Snarky Brides

Who's here?

Re: Who's here?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc853ee3-0170-4138-9281-af9dabf46b16Post:d506ebd1-f11e-4f45-92d0-fe7fb8f23f43">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's here? : You think rude people shouldn't have jobs?
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

I worded that poorly.  I think that if you're in a service industry, and you can't stay friendly and not sneer at people who ask legitimate questions, you should probably lose your job, because there are people out there who would be better at it. 
  • That's why H's family trained him to only travel with carry-ons. They travel a lot for work and fun, but they never take more than a carry-on unless it's a long trip. I've started doing it now, too, and it's SOOOO much easier, and cheaper. I'm glad everything worked out, though.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc853ee3-0170-4138-9281-af9dabf46b16Post:37d4eb5c-2bf2-4dce-be8b-70ac89566e46">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's here? : I worded that poorly.  I think that if you're in a service industry, and you can't stay friendly and not sneer at people who ask legitimate questions, you should probably lose your job, because there are people out there who would be better at it. 
    Posted by Gabrielle76[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, I see.</div><div>
    </div><div>You think rude people <em>probably</em> shouldn't have jobs. </div><div>
    </div><div>Totally different. </div>
  • I agree, people who have no people skills, or don't have the ability to mask the fact that they might be having an epically craptastic day, need not be in the service industry.  If I wasn't able to bite my tongue on a daily basis, I'd be a godawful server. 

Les, which airline was that?  I've have AWFUL customer service with Spirit, to the point that I'll never fly with them again.  Nothing but the best things to say about US Airways though. I think it might be hit or miss.

Gab, I want to work in a clinic with people with neuropsychological problems.  Dementia, brain injuries, etc. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc853ee3-0170-4138-9281-af9dabf46b16Post:29ee85aa-dd46-4acd-a6ae-cbe8e9f3f4ec">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's here? : Oh, I see. You think rude people probably shouldn't have jobs.  Totally different. 

I don't think rude people should have jobs in customer service, no.  I don't want to argue or anything, I didn't mean anything by it, I'm very sorry if I offended you. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc853ee3-0170-4138-9281-af9dabf46b16Post:29ee85aa-dd46-4acd-a6ae-cbe8e9f3f4ec">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's here? : Oh, I see. You think rude people probably shouldn't have jobs.  Totally different. 

Don't you think people who work with the general public en masse every day should be generally better-suited to interact with people?  My issue is, why on earth would someone even WANT a job in service if mild customer issues sends them into bitch mode?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc853ee3-0170-4138-9281-af9dabf46b16Post:3c1f2f99-68c7-4da5-9a90-31d956c9763b">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gab, I want to work in a clinic with people with neuropsychological problems.  Dementia, brain injuries, etc. 
    Posted by MandK9[/QUOTE]

That's really neat.  Neuropsych is fascinating, especially since new research is coming out all the time.  It's such a current, important field. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc853ee3-0170-4138-9281-af9dabf46b16Post:b0262b2e-ff4c-4962-949f-d2d1b0f618ad">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's here? : I don't think rude people should have jobs in customer service, no.  I don't want to argue or anything, I didn't mean anything by it, I'm very sorry if I offended you. 
    Posted by Gabrielle76[/QUOTE]

<div>Not offended.  I have no vested interest in this.  Your first post about it and your clarification made me raise an eyebrow, that was all. </div><div>
    </div><div>I just think it's different to say that 'people who are in customer service shouldn't be rude'  or 'people who are rude shouldn't get jobs in customer service' versus 'rude people should be fired'.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Not intended to be direct quotes. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc853ee3-0170-4138-9281-af9dabf46b16Post:e15f4166-cf9a-4142-9a32-012e8d6b722c">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's here? : Don't you think people who work with the general public en masse every day should be generally better-suited to interact with people?  My issue is, <strong>why on earth would someone even WANT a job in service if mild customer issues sends them into bitch mode?</strong>
    Posted by MandK9[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I think you're right about the bolded part.  But see my other response too. 
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc853ee3-0170-4138-9281-af9dabf46b16Post:62106b4a-a3e7-4afd-b8f8-d4bd144ec5cc">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's here? : I think you're right about the bolded part.  But see my other response too. 

I do see what you're saying.

But for most jobs dealing with customers, part of your "job responsibilities" is to conduct yourself in a professional and amicable manner, worded in whatever way the company sees fit.  If I started being a total snot to my customer because they were asking if they could have their mashed potatoes on a separate plate from their steak, I'd think my managers would be mighty pissed and I would be written up.  Doing it multiple times would result in being fired.  And that's legit, because it's in my employee manual that we treat customers with respect.

• I'm glad I didn't offend you, and yeah, I didn't express it much better the second time around.  It just bothers me when people in customer service positions aren't nice to customers.  I may be biased, I was a manager at a coffee bar for a while at the beginning of college, and had to field complaints about the rude attitudes of other workers.  No, I don't think rude people should have to go jobless and hungry, I really think quite a few people can't help it. 
  • MandK, it was United.  Maybe they're particularly sensitive since all the SW commercials out now are about bag fees, but she should have expected me to be a little reluctant to pay $100 for one bag.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc853ee3-0170-4138-9281-af9dabf46b16Post:c0ea5c5d-2ea2-4e49-8c05-1283d75f37cb">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]MandK, it was United.  Maybe they're particularly sensitive since all the SW commercials out now are about bag fees, but she should have expected me to be a little reluctant to pay $100 for one bag.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

I detest baggage fees.  They make me rage.  One of my biggest peeves in life, and it's somewhat irrational, but come on... WHY do I need to pay $50 if my bag is 5 pounds over the limit? Seriously?

• It seems like the kind of thing that will bother us forever, but won't bug the next generation at all, because to us, it's this new unfair charge, but if you grow up with it, it will seem no different than buying your seat on the plane.  (but yes, this makes me rage too)
  • My new least favorite airline is AirTran. We used them a while ago and our plane was delayed 4 hours because they forgot to schedule a flight crew. The flight boarding next to us was delayed because they forgot to schedule a co-pilot. Seriously, that is some ridiculousness. 
  • I'm here.  Why are we all morons and idiots?

I'm crabby tonight.  I've had a rough day of breathing and I'm exceedingly irritated that my steroid inhaler isn't working.  And...I don't want the Patriots to win.  But at least the 49ers won.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • People who continued responding in the thread about the hairdresser friend not showing up to some chick's wedding after the issue had been "resolved" are total idiots. And morons. Apparently.

You have asthma J? That sucks.  What induces it?

• I'm crabby too. I don't know why we're morons and idiots but I am happy to commiserate anyway. 
  • We're morons because "I hate my hair dresser friend" said so on the board earlier. 
  • I dyed my hair almost-black today.  I love it.  Now I want it all-the-way black, maybe.  It's one of those 28 shampoos colors, so maybe I'll do black next time.

• Oh, the last tme I looked at that thread it only had like 4 responses.

Yeah M&K.  It kind of sucks.  It's been really bad lately, and I've been on this steroid for almost 2 weeks now and nothing doing.  Um...it's induced by exercise, my allergies, perfumes, chemicals (cleaning chemicals are the WORST), smoke, cold air, the furnace....

• Hey ladies!

Working in customer service should have different guidelines for people to hold their jobs.  In THAT particular industry, I do think that consistently proven rude people should be fired.

I'm mainly just hanging out at home tonight.  Blew a LOT of money at Target earlier, but it was mostly for a good cause.  Putting together a care package for K and things sure do add up quickly.  It doesn't help that where he's located in Afghanistan doesn't have access to a lot of amenities.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc853ee3-0170-4138-9281-af9dabf46b16Post:8ed9d194-1f79-4932-afce-8943e4c3a1c1">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, the last tme I looked at that thread it only had like 4 responses. Yeah M&K.  It kind of sucks.  It's been really bad lately, and I've been on this steroid for almost 2 weeks now and nothing doing.  Um...it's induced by exercise, my allergies, perfumes, chemicals (cleaning chemicals are the WORST), smoke, cold air, the furnace....
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

I feel like I experience symptoms similar to asthma when there are really strong odors/fragrances.  I don't think I have the major symptom (doesn't it make your airways swell shut?) but I can't get a deep breath for anything.  Very shallow breathing.  It's weird and it makes me panic. I can't imagine actually having asthma. 

• J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc853ee3-0170-4138-9281-af9dabf46b16Post:79f7914e-b08a-47ea-84d3-37ac40a02388">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's here? : I feel like I experience symptoms similar to asthma when there are really strong odors/fragrances.  I don't think I have the major symptom (doesn't it make your airways swell shut?) but I can't get a deep breath for anything.  Very shallow breathing.  It's weird and it makes me panic. I can't imagine actually having asthma. 
    Posted by MandK9[/QUOTE]

I don't get the bad bronchial constriction either.  I cough a LOT.  Mine is caused mostly by inflamation, so my chest gets tight (like someone is sitting on it) and I cough until I can't breathe...and then I cough some more.  I've coughed until I throw up.  And yes, definitely the inability to get a full, deep breath.

• What's up morons and idiots? ;)

I'm waiting for N. He went to grab something to eat--we had a party early, but they only served a little food and I'm such a picky eater, I barely ate. Even N is starving now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-here-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc853ee3-0170-4138-9281-af9dabf46b16Post:8692baee-7344-4796-bf39-d58ea45c5bbd">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here.  Why are we all morons and idiots? I'm crabby tonight.  I've had a rough day of breathing and I'm exceedingly irritated that my steroid inhaler isn't working.  <strong>And...I don't want the Patriots to win.</strong>  But at least the 49ers won.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

I am not a huge football fan and living in New Englad this is all I've been hearing about all day.  Wooo ... not.

The asthma thing sucks.  I have exercise induced and basically in the winter I have a hell of a time exercising.  Fun times. 
  • I have this weird thing when I do yoga, I cough a lot.  No other exercise seems to do it.  And the coughs feel a little phlegmy but I never actually cough anything up.  What the heck? Weird.

I'm waiting for H to get home so we can have some late dinner.  He just got out of work.

Tomorrow we're going on a mini-vacation! We're going to visit a big chunk of the breweries in Michigan.  We've already visited more than half of them; I think by the end of this trip, we'll have hit around 3/4 :)

• They'd probably diagnose you with "Reactive Airway Disease" M&K.  That means "sometimes you have a hard time breathing but we're not going to actually diagnose  you with something."  ;)

Your trip sounds fun!

I feel ya, Ibarr.  Just leaving the house when it's cold enough outside will do me in.  I haven't even walked on our treadmill in over a month.  Gah.

• Morons and idiots seems a bit redundant.

Evening all.  I just got in from seeing the new Mission Impossible.  It made me want to go to Russia.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I really liked MI:4.  I haven't seen the third one, but this was my favorite out of the 3 I have seen.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards