New York-New York City

Parking in Manhattan

I recently got engaged : ) and was thinking of having a NYC wedding. After starting my initial research into venues it dawned upon me about the parking situation. I will have people venturing into Manhattan from suburbia and wondered do I need to pay for their parking? If the venue itself doesn't have parking (or even if it does) is that my responsibility? If I do need to pay for parking, NYC might be out of the question. Thoughts, comments, critiques? Let me know! Thanks in advance! 

Re: Parking in Manhattan

• lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm diong my wedding at Battery Gardens and they will provide valet parking for a price.  I opted to do it, simply because i have people from LI driving in.
    Anyone staying at a hotel though has to pay on their own.

I would think any venue that doesn't have parking avail (I bet Battery Gardens is one of the few), has a parking garage close by that can be used, but at the guest cost.

Hope that helps!
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

I don't think any of your guests will be expecting you to pick up their parking tab!

I'm sure even your "suburbanites" have ventured into the city at some point for a play, musical event or dinner and they must know the parking costs.

You do not have to shell out $40+ for each to park

GL

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the quick feedback! Your comments are extremely helpful : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards