African American Weddings

Personalized M&Ms

Are any of you doing the personalized M&Ms as gifts for your wedding? I have been playing around with it on the site and I love them. I think they would be great to add in the gift bags for my guests....However, I could just get other candy to be budget friendly.

Re: Personalized M&Ms

• edited December 2011
    I loved playing with that site too and I really wanted to do the personalized M&Ms but I ran out of time and never ended up ordering them. 

After my wedding I saw individual colors of m&ms at party city and I thought that those would have been really cool to use in our OOT bags and they would have been cheeper than the personalized ones and they would have been in our colors.
  • adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We liked the idea of personalized M&Ms but they were just too expensive for us to justify. It wasn't just the cost of the M&Ms, but it was finding a nice container to put them in, that would keep them cool in the Sacramento summer heat. 
  • winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of the personalized m&m's.  I looked into getting them a couple months ago and I still may do them, I think my guests would like them.
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its a  maybe... I am doing a candy buffet, but that  will be even  more  $$$
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    Nope, but I have seen them (and enjoyed them, yum!) at other weddings
    Expecting Two Little Knuckleheads in June! BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am thinking about doing a candy buffet. If I do, I will get them. Maybe cheesy but i love personalized M&Ms lol
  • edited December 2011
    I thought about doing a candy buffet & priced the M & M's...they were really cool & I liked them, but now I'm going in another direction. Being that my wedding is a movie/theatre theme, we are doing a popcorn buffet (5 different flavors) as one of our favors.....Now searching for inexpensive popcorn!
  • edited December 2011
    DSTBride15, the popcorn buffet sounds sooo cool! You have to let us know how it turns out.
  • edited December 2011
    I love the idea of the personalized M&Ms! I don't know if I could fit that in with my theme, but I think it's a super cute idea!!!!

DST - I LOVE the popcorn buffet idea!!! PLEASE let us know how your guests receive it. I'm wishing I was coming to your wedding now! LOL! :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I am actually thinking about ordering the personalized M&M's...although I may not put them in the favor bags...I was thinking about putting a small bowl on the bar with the M& M's in it and by the burdcage or card box in the study where guests will drop the gifts off at the mansion...less money spent...
    I say order them if you think they are cute....the idea of the colored M&M's that aren't personalized is a great idea too.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing orange & green mints near the bar area, & perhaps some Jelly Bellys, but that's it... I'm trying to control myself :) LOL!!!

Ladies, I got the popcorn bags from Hobby Lobby for really cheap... I'm trying to find some popcorn tins from christmas at like TJ Maxx or something, but if not, I've found some gourmet shops online that have loads of flavors...I ordered monogram stickers to put on the clear cellophane bags which will hold the popcorn bags (if that makes sense)....

My invites are shaped like movie tickets & my table names are all black love movies...so cool!!
    Sorry to hijack the thread...
  • winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love your theme and ideas DSTbride!!! I can't wait to see how it turns out!
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is a cute theme... movies. I think that when you really get into your theme, it's turns out more unique.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    I love them ! But we are opting out for two reasons. The first was that they are too expensive. The second, is that fi's cousin just did them at her wedding this new years. So even if I decided that I wanted to spend the extra dough, I dont really feel comfortable with it.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards