Chit Chat

Bridesmaid Etiquette

I’m planning to have my bridal party and I get manicures, pedicures and our hair done before the wedding.  Is the bride supposed to pay for all that? Do the bridesmaids pay for themselves? I was thinking of paying half.  What’s the expectation off all this?

Re: Bridesmaid Etiquette

• If you are requiring them to get all of this done, then you have to pay. If you ask them if they want to get this done or not and they decide  they want it, they pay.
  • ditto pps.

If it is required, the bride pays.

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • Ditto pp's. If you want it done, you pay. It is very nice if you can do so, however, I know in my situation, I could not afford to do so. I let the ladies do what they wanted with their hair and nails. Most of them just did it themselves, a few went to the salon. Everything turned out just fine.
  • Yes, you pay, unless you give them the option of getting it done somewhere else or doing it themselves.  FWIW, I didn't even get a manicure or pedicure for my own wedding, I wouldn't be interested in doing it for someone else's.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    If you're requiring it, you have to pay. For all of it.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Thank you for the advice. I don't plan to require them to get it all done, but all my bridesmaids are traveling from out of town, and I thought it would be a fun time. Just don't know how to pay for it all. 
  • If you are requiring it or making it a bridesmaid thing, you need to pay for it.  

If you don't want to pay for it, letting them know about it should be something like "I'll be getting nails/hair done at X salon on the day of.  If anyone wants to join me, I can set up an appointment for you and get you pricing."  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards