North Carolina
Options

YMCA--no joining fee?

I just heard a commercial on the radio that the YMCA is running their no joining fee special.  I only caught the tail end of it--is that all Y's or just the Charlotte area ones?  Anyone know?  I'm in Catawba Co.

Re: YMCA--no joining fee?

• Options
    JemmessicaJemmessica member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not sure- but I used to work for the Y... and it's usally association specific. Call your local one and ask.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    most all Ys run no joining fees after the holidays into February.  Since the encomony is down I've seen them waive the no joining fee since at least this past summer.  Since they're trying to boost memebership, I'm sure if you call them they'll let you know what the promotion is. 
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cool, thanks.  I'm locked into a contract with my current gym through July, but I hate it there so much that I'm seriously considering getting a membership elsewhere ASAP. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't ask me why but I used to be a member at the Y and  I always thought the place was a little dingy and run down.  I belong to O2 Fitness and there is no comparison. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've thought about joining my local YWCA because I want access to the pool for exercise. How much does membership usually cost? I haven't really done any looking into it since I may be a student next year and have access to the student center for work out/swimming.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess it depends on where you are.  I was a member at the Y when I lived in Charlotte--I could work out at any Y in town.  I went to one of the newer ones, and it was nice.  Everything was brand new.  I'd get ready for work there every morning even though my house was on my way to work from the gym, just because their locker rooms, showers, and vanity stations were nicer than my own bathroom. 

I could have transfered my membership when I moved in with my husband, but he was already a member at another gym and it was only $15 a month to add me.  He still loves it there but I never really liked it.  The staff are rude, the place is dirty, and now the owner is trying to charge extra fees because business is slow. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards