Registry and Gift Forum

How Many Items to Register For

This may sound silly, and someone may have already asked this and I didn't find it, but is there a general about how many items you should register for? I would guess it probably has something to do with the number of guests you are having but I have no idea. Say you are inviting 100 guests. Would you try to average 80ish items on the registry? I am afraid of looking like we are asking for too many things, but also about not having enough for people to choose from. What did all of you ladies do when registering?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How Many Items to Register For

• You have to factor in showers PLUS your wedding... For me, my showers will have a total of maybe 50 guests and my wedding will have 200...  My registry right now has about 160 and I'm going to reevaluate after my shower to see if I need to add more.  There are a number of items under $20 so lots of people will buy more than one gift for the shower.  I hope that helps!  Where are you thinking of registering?
  • We've started at Pottery Barn, Target and Amazon. I feel like I was scared of putting too much on but I totally forgot about the bridal shower too. I have put a lot of smaller items on as well so I need to make a bigger range of prices I suppose. Thanks for the reply, that does help me thank you. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_how-many-items-to-register-for?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:9313236e-34b8-4478-9af9-e22bc07e381bPost:381c65a3-e1e6-4474-8ed7-ff9847966f34">Re: How Many Items to Register For</a>:
    [QUOTE]We've started at Pottery Barn, Target and Amazon. I feel like I was scared of putting too much on but I totally forgot about the bridal shower too. I have put a lot of smaller items on as well so I need to make a bigger range of prices I suppose. Thanks for the reply, that does help me thank you. :)
    Posted by Amsdragonfly[/QUOTE]
    There are a number of good registry check lists.  They suggest things I never would've thought of but they're good ideas...  I pulled from that and created a spreadsheet and then I'm listing which store we registered for things at.  Registering is WAY more overwhelming than I initially thought!
  • i dont think you need to worry about putting too many items on.  the only thing you should be concerned with is having a good range of price points for people to choose from.

we had about 200 guests, and i had a LOT on our registry. the funny part? people still use it for christmas and birthday gifts for us....so it's been quite useful for more than the wedding and shower!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards