Ohio-Cleveland

I need a church in the Mentor/Willoughby area!

I'm from Mentor and getting married in Mentor but haven't been to church in a long time.
I am living/working in Canton, so I have no plans to become a member of any Mentor church.
Does anyone know of some churches that will let us have our ceremony there and use the pastor/priest without becoming a member?

Thanks!

Julie

Re: I need a church in the Mentor/Willoughby area!

• jaylii9jaylii9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do not know of any churches in the mentor area where you can get married without being a member.

If you are not attached to getting married in a church, check out the holden arboretum. I know that they have some beautiful outdoor and indoor spaces for a ceremony.

Good luck!
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No specific churches to name as I'm not from that area, but check with any of the United Methodist in the area. Often, UM churches will marry nonmembers without any problem, but it certainly depends on the pastor. DH and I were married in a UM church in Middleburg Hts and aren't/weren't members. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SarahM2012SarahM2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know of any off hand. I'm getting married at my church even though I'm only there for holidays but my dad attends every week.  My fiances sister got married at St.Columba Cathedral in Youngstown with her priest and there were no problems.  Can you go/would you want to go back to your childhood church?  It doesn't hurt to ask, it may give you leads to other options.  You might also see if they have any non-dominational churches; they're pretty accommodating from what I have seen. 
  • edited December 2011
    Check out St. Noel in Willoughby, I know they do it there if you are not a member or even not Catholic. I am getting married in mentor but I know people who have gone here and had no problems with just having the ceremony there. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards