Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Help me with a P*nta Cana hotel!

So I want to book our HM in the next 2 weeks or so.  Right now we are set on P*nta Cana, for 5 days and 6 nights, at the majestic elegance hotel.  That package is under $3000 and I would like to stay under that for sure, no going over! 
Does anyone have any other hotels they would recomend more than the mejestic elegance and know from experience?  TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker kayleigh-3-1 Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Help me with a P*nta Cana hotel!

• Options
    I would not recommend the Majestic based on the info my travel agent gave me when i booked my trip and also experience from a lot of friend....They have all said it was a horrible experience. Now i am staying at the iberostar Grand Bavaro in June and have heard great things about it...Also heard great things about Excellence Resort
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • Options
    I've never been myself, but I have a coworker who raved about the Hard Rock resort down there.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    I've heard really great things about the Riu hotels and Iberostar in P*nta Cana.  I had a friend who stayed at the Riu last year, and she loved it.  Both of those are all inclusive.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    We stayed at Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana which was AMAZING! We loved everything about it and can't wait to go back. 
    BabyFruit Ticker www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Options
    My FH and I went to P*nta Cana last summer, and we stayed at the Excellence Resort. It was AMAZING. We loved everything about this hotel, the food, restaraunt selection, entertainment, staff, beach, things to do, drinks. Everything was top notch first class!...and that was just us on regular travel in a basic garden suite-which are extremely nice and romantic btw. We met lots of honey-mooners there and they were having a great time! Check it out, you won't be dissapointed :)
    My favorite trip ever, I loved the Dominican Republic, and I have been to pretty much every beach destination ;-)
    TTC Since 6/12 regular periods with annovulation DH S/A healthy Hormones normal-all unexplained IF currently 10/12 50mg of clomid-no response-BFN 11/12 100mg of clomid-1 mature follicle-IUI #1=BFN 12/8/12 clear HSG 12/12 100mg of clomid-2 mature follicles-IUI #2=BFN 1/13 5mg femara un-monitored TI, BFN 2/13 7.5mg femara 2 mature follicles, IUI#3 BFN
  • Options
    Oh, and as a friendly side-note, my best friend went to the Secrets Cap Cana for her ceremony/honeymoon this past November and she had the worst experience of her life. Although it's beautiful, the hotel fell under new management right before they went and it ruined they're entire trip. She has horror stories a plenty. You defnitely want to do "Adults Only" which knocks out Ibero and Riu prob :)
    TTC Since 6/12 regular periods with annovulation DH S/A healthy Hormones normal-all unexplained IF currently 10/12 50mg of clomid-no response-BFN 11/12 100mg of clomid-1 mature follicle-IUI #1=BFN 12/8/12 clear HSG 12/12 100mg of clomid-2 mature follicles-IUI #2=BFN 1/13 5mg femara un-monitored TI, BFN 2/13 7.5mg femara 2 mature follicles, IUI#3 BFN
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_pnta-cana-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:5e290701-1469-47a1-9682-982651af1beePost:56792cef-f7d5-472e-8066-4d20a94b317a">Re: Help me with a P*nta Cana hotel!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and as a friendly side-note, my best friend went to the Secrets Cap Cana for her ceremony/honeymoon this past November and she had the worst experience of her life. Although it's beautiful, the hotel fell under new management right before they went and it ruined they're entire trip. She has horror stories a plenty. You defnitely want to do "Adults Only" which knocks out Ibero and Riu prob :)
    Posted by ANDOPANO6[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I know I priced out the Excellence and it was about $3400 but maybe I will splurge if it is really the great! (I've been going about $500 over budget on everything else anyway, lol).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker kayleigh-3-1 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hey there.  My fiance and I actually stayed at the Majestic Elegence in June and really liked it.  It was our first all inclusive experience, so I don't have anything to compare it too.  If you go there, I would definitely rec staying in the elegence section which is the adults only... you get first dibs on the nicer restaurants.  Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about the resort!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
     hi, me an my fiance have went to cancun dreams. i know its not the area you have chosen, but if your not dead set on that..check this one out. we have been twice to this resort an we always go in sept. its so great an so much to do! its right on the tip of cancun, so no other resorts are next to it, an your almost garrunteed a ocean view no matter where you stay. also the beach is private! its gorgeous an cheap!!! we both flew, did the all inclusive an had one excursion each time we went an we have never paid over 2100! the first excursion we done was the iasle mujueras(not sure on spelling) an its an island..had all inclusive their for the day as well, turtle sanctuary, swam with the doplhins,bicle ride, snorkeling, zip line(which is sooo awsome!) an alot more! also, my travel agent is so cool, she lets ya pay on it for as long as you need to till you pay it off! we usually take bout 6 to 8 months to pay for ours. also this resort has the dolphins on property to swim with as well! i loved just sitting by the pool some days an just watching the dolphins swim an play!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards