March 2013 Weddings

What do you think about false eyelashes?

Love them? Hate them? Got any tips?

My eyelashes aren't that thick or long and I'm thinking about using false eyelashes at our renewal. I'd like the photos to be GREAT! Anybody else?

Julie
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: What do you think about false eyelashes?

• CaitlynmkCaitlynmk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    Love! I had my makeup trial for my engagement pictures and we didn't use them then, but I will be using them on the wedding day. I have long eyelashes but they just add a little bit of a "pop" to your eyes, especially in pictures where your makeup shows up better if you apply it a little darker than usual.

I'd definitely suggest trying them before the wedding day to get used to them. They can make your eyes feel a little heavy at first. I used to dance and wore them all the time for our performances, so I'm used to them. They can be tricky to do yourself, but if you're hiring someone to do your makeup, most makeup artists are pros at putting them on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm thinking about using them, too. I was lucky to have decent lashes when I was younger but as I grow older, they are noticeably thinning out. Does anyone know if they are bothersome to sensative eyes? 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm mixed on them.. I have super tiny eyelashes so I'm thinking about it. But at the same time I'm a big fan of looking natural (yet still with makeup, haha). If I do them, I would only do small ones. I don't like the look of the huge ones anyways. I agree that you should try them out, maybe take a couple pictures to see what they'll look like!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • myrinae- Its not so much the lashes themselves that can bother some people, its the glue that can make people's skin sensitive.

I agree with Jennipea, I don't want to look overdone with makeup. I just like a little bolder eye, since I'm going nude/light pink with my lipstick and blush. As long as you don't get lashes from the Halloween store, you will still look natural. haha! My MUA said that 99% of her brides wear the lashes but in their pictures you would never know they were fake
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think I'm going to buy some and give it a try!

Julie
  • I'm definitely using them! The more natural looking ones. I was in a fashion show last October and the make up artist put a heavy, thick set on my eyes and I couldn't wait to peel them off!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#1 4/9/12- EDD 12/22/12- M/MC at 9w4d 5/23/12.
    BFP#2 12/18/12- EDD 8/31/13 First U/S- 6w4d HB 124! Second U/S- 10w2d HB 178!! Grow baby, grow! NT Scan Scheduled for 2/20/13.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_what-do-you-think-about-false-eyelashes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:c40a2bd7-a14e-4693-bb66-e3edc859600ePost:e84a91d7-325f-44cf-8bda-bdf46c06246c">Re: What do you think about false eyelashes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm definitely using them! The more natural looking ones. I was in a fashion show last October and the make up artist put a heavy, thick set on my eyes and I couldn't wait to peel them off!
    Posted by JordanL1221[/QUOTE]

Are the regular ones easy to get used to?

Julie
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_what-do-you-think-about-false-eyelashes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:c40a2bd7-a14e-4693-bb66-e3edc859600ePost:ccf01492-a851-4136-845f-993da5043590">Re: What do you think about false eyelashes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think about false eyelashes? : Are the regular ones easy to get used to? Julie
    Posted by Julie2013[/QUOTE]

Oh yes! If they are on right, you can't feel them at all! I recommend (if you're doing them yourself) getting the ones from Walgreens/CVS that have the red floss-like pull tabs on them. SO much easier for applying!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#1 4/9/12- EDD 12/22/12- M/MC at 9w4d 5/23/12.
    BFP#2 12/18/12- EDD 8/31/13 First U/S- 6w4d HB 124! Second U/S- 10w2d HB 178!! Grow baby, grow! NT Scan Scheduled for 2/20/13.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_what-do-you-think-about-false-eyelashes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:c40a2bd7-a14e-4693-bb66-e3edc859600ePost:c995be42-c560-4313-ab7a-fb50308b7a24">Re: What do you think about false eyelashes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you think about false eyelashes? : Oh yes! If they are on right, you can't feel them at all! I recommend (if you're doing them yourself) getting the ones from Walgreens/CVS that have the red floss-like pull tabs on them. SO much easier for applying!
    Posted by JordanL1221[/QUOTE]

I'll check out Walgreens then. I'm so excited to try these!

Thanks, everybody!

Julie
  • I did it! I put on my first pair of false eyelashes about 30 minutes ago. I didn't do a very good job. I can tell I need to get them closer to the lashline next time, but wow are they pretty! They aren't really bothering me at this moment, either. We'll see if I'm still ok with them when I go to take them off tonight!

Julie

(P.S. I also put my experience on the June 2013 board.)
  • Ok, so I wore my false eyelashes for about 5 hours. Seems like I completely forgot about them in about 45 minutes to an hour. When I took my makeup off, they stayed on while I washed my face, but came off easily with a simple tug.

I'm sold! I love them!

Julie
  • i have long eyelashes but i really want to try the fake ones at my trial. i think they're beautiful if done right.
  • I always wear them when I know I'll be getting my picture taken. I totally love them!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards