Chit Chat

:(

Re: :(

• I think what your doing is horrible. Yes I would be upset if a dog chewed up a $100 worth of shoes but I wouldn't get rid of him/her. Like a responsible person/dog owner I would try my best to fix the situation so it doesn't happen again. While I don't agree with you just giving the dog away because you failed to properly train him I think this dog is better off without an owner like you.
  • My FI forgot to pick up his napkin from the table last night.  I told him today that I'm giving him back to his parents.  GOOD RIDDANCE.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I just want to put my two cents here....as an animal rescuer dogs in shelters that are sick or owner surrenders are the first ones to be put down since they do not have to have a "stray hold" on them.

Basically you are killing your dog for something simple YOU could have done.  Simple training.  Your dog is bored.  You are on the comp knotting away, planning a wedding, and doing school stuff an neglecting your dog.  Bad attention "bad dog" is still more attention than what it probably gets.
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_untitled-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:b74de367-7a7e-42f9-a173-2d87082423aaPost:88410add-aceb-4fce-8fa0-cbe8f7481817">Re: :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]You say your FI left your door open?  Well, guess what.  That makes this his fault -- not the dog's.  You'd better get rid of him too.<strong> Then again, the poor thing would probably be better off with someone who doesn't think the solution to happy tail wagging is to cut off the tail.</strong>   You should take the stacyshit screen name back because, seriously, that's what you are. Oh, and good luck with your wedding.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

No, please tell me this is not true.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Frankly, I'm speechless and agree with the PPs.  Honestly, this dog is better off without you as an owner and deserves to be in a home where she is properly trained.

@LC:  I understand what you mean about dogs =/= kids, but generally speaking, how one cares for a pet can be indicative of their skills as a potential parent.
  • Oh my, it's M&R all over again.

OP, a tired dog is a good dog. A bored dog will destroy everything you own. Buying toys does not count when tiring out a dog. Long walks, lots of active play, positive reinforcement. These are your tools to a good dog.

If your dog ate your shoes, he's trying to tell you something. He wants attention and he's not getting it, so he destroyed something to show you how he's feeling.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Beatles, apparently the vet recommended docking the tail, for a reason I can't think of right now.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • I feel sick to my stomach. With the "get rid of" standards that you have, I'd have gotten rid of my puppy 8392483 times by now. I just... I have no other words. I'm completely disgusted by you.
  • oh and OP....

my dog trumps your dog - our chair is worth more than your shoes and guess what?  My dog the sassy little thing in the siggy is still with me and forever will be with me.  It was  my fault she shredded the chair - not hers.  (We didn't crate her when there was a storm)

imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
    So you're blaming the dog because you're a crappy owner?  You're choosing $100 worth of shoes over your pet?  I sincerely hope she finds a good home, since living with you is obviously not a good situation.

My dog has eaten 3 cell phones, a webcam, countless camera cords, and my favorite sandals.  And you know what?  She will be my dog for the rest of her life.  We worked with her, put away things she could chew, and let her mature past puppyhood - all without kicking her to the curb. 

ETA: Oh, and I forgot about the 32 rolls of toilet paper she shredded in the basement.  Man, I really should have abandoned her over that one.  And my master's degree, except the lady in admissions & records at the university thought it was so funny they replaced it free.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • You're seriously getting rid of your dog b/c she ate your shoes?????????????

My thought is that you should have made sure the fvucking door was closed in the first place b/c the dogs cant just open the door on its own genius!

I have zero respect for you and yes, you do suck!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_untitled-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:b74de367-7a7e-42f9-a173-2d87082423aaPost:01901bae-7892-4e65-8cf2-25b96e8e96ad">Re: :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beatles, apparently the vet recommended docking the tail, for a reason I can't think of right now.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

If it's what I'm thinking of (the post on SB, right?) because the dog kept hitting the tail on the wall and busting it open. Clearly, cutting it off was the only solution.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_untitled-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:b74de367-7a7e-42f9-a173-2d87082423aaPost:837ad3e0-6127-4dfa-8963-6037800453b5">Re: :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]Frankly, I'm speechless and agree with the PPs.  Honestly, this dog is better off without you as an owner and deserves to be in a home where she is properly trained. @LC:  I understand what you mean about dogs =/= kids, but <strong>generally speaking, how one cares for a pet can be indicative of their skills as a potential parent.</strong>
    Posted by impslave[/QUOTE]
    We'll agree to disagree then. I just don't think how you handle a pet is indicative of how you'll handle a child that you gave birth to, or adopted. I get that people love their pets, I love mine too. I just don't think the two are comparable and I think it's really unfair to say that because OP doesn't have the patience/time/whatever to train this dog properly means that she'll be a totally unfit, terrible mother. I realize no one said that verbatim, but that's the implication, isn't it? You're a terrible pet owner, therefore you'll be a terrible parent. That argument just doesn't hold water for me and I think it's a giant leap to say that.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • I think I'm actually wearing a pair of shoes right now that I caught my dog nawing on one day.  I still wear them and I still love her.  In fact, I can't wait to see her when I go home in an hour and take her for a walk.  I couldn't imagine getting rid of her for any reason.  I almost feel sorry for you.  I certainly feel sorry for the dog. 

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_untitled-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:b74de367-7a7e-42f9-a173-2d87082423aaPost:01901bae-7892-4e65-8cf2-25b96e8e96ad">Re: :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beatles, apparently the vet recommended docking the tail, for a reason I can't think of right now.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

Oh dear, that poor dog. I wonder what the vet would recommend about this situation.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_untitled-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:b74de367-7a7e-42f9-a173-2d87082423aaPost:51f3ef22-edbb-486a-92e3-4efabb8cf46c">Re: :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: :( : No, please tell me this is not true.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

Sadly, it is. She told SB in a bizarre "intro" thread that she had to have the dog's tail docked because it hit the wall when it wagged. :(
  • I think it really shows what a tool you are when NO ONE is defending you. Makes you think twice doesn't it?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_untitled-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:b74de367-7a7e-42f9-a173-2d87082423aaPost:e2375dc2-fa75-4f71-b42b-4f93abf37ecd">Re: :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just want to put my two cents here....as an animal rescuer dogs in shelters that are sick or owner surrenders are the first ones to be put down since they do not have to have a "stray hold" on them. Basically you are killing your dog for something simple YOU could have done.  Simple training.  <strong>Your dog is bored.  You are on the comp knotting away</strong>, planning a wedding, and doing school stuff an neglecting your dog.  Bad attention "bad dog" is still more attention than what it probably gets.
    Posted by Jelenny[/QUOTE]

Thank you jelenny! I was thinking the same darn thing!

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I thought people who put their pets in their sigs were supposed to love them.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Staciecrap or whatever your name used to be, i don't believe you can be real. Way to spew the stupid out here. I hate to see what you do when your kid has their first diaper blowout. There are no return policies on those!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Then you BUY A DIFFERENT FRIGGING CRATE. Take her to doggie day camp one or two days a week/month. Take her to obedience training (and yourselves). And if you know there's a problem area, do NOT GIVE HER ACCESS TO IT.

You seriously suck as a pet owner. That dog would be coming home to be Max's sister if you lived anywhere near me. Is she spayed? Do you show her any affection?  By the looks of her, she needs lots of playtime.

I have no desire to get banned so I'm literally biting my tongue to keep from writing what I want to (and backspacing a LOT), but I'd go back to your old screen name if I were you. It's fitting.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_untitled-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:b74de367-7a7e-42f9-a173-2d87082423aaPost:b340fdb2-5210-461b-b4f6-79ff4e95bbfc">Re: :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: :( : Sadly, it is. She told SB in a bizarre "intro" thread that she had to have the dog's tail docked because it hit the wall when it wagged. :(
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

I'm so glad I never saw that thread. My dog "beats" my H and I everyday with his tail. It hurts like b*tch when you get hit just the right way, but we think it's hilarious how happy and enthusiastic his is. Docking his tail had never crossed our minds before.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_untitled-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:b74de367-7a7e-42f9-a173-2d87082423aaPost:925d1edf-6bc9-42c6-bc62-6ed103a6d889">Re: :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shes got well over 50 toys in the house, scattered (chews, treat balls, ropes, you name it..all of them are chewed on). and the door was closed today so she broke into the bedroom and our closed closet. Sorry. We've tried training her. She ate her crate and its cruel to leave a dog outside in the Texas heat. And yes, we're taking her to a no kill shelter. She doesn't respond well to training (but she won't pee in the house). She doesnt like crates (See the note about her chewing on her crate). Call me a horrible pet owner. I don't  fcking care right now. Its just that nothing works and my FI is making us get rid of her. I would love to keep her and train her more and more but it isn't working.   Sorry, I dont feel like having to shell out another hundred bucks to replace things I need because our dog chewed on it. <strong><u> Call me what you want.</u></strong> 
    Posted by stacie+luciano[/QUOTE]

Ill just call you an asshole.  Cause that is what you are.

Dogs eat things they are not supposed to eat.  Its your job to make sure they dont have access to those things.  My dog ate plenty of expensive shoes in her adolescent stage.  She stopped when I put a latch on my closet door and she couldnt get at them anymore.

I really hope you never have kids.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_untitled-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:b74de367-7a7e-42f9-a173-2d87082423aaPost:6fdae89e-6c25-44dc-a283-5ca2bd91bab8">Re: :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought people who put their pets in their sigs were supposed to love them.
    Posted by AudgiePodge[/QUOTE]

Ohhh how I have missed thee......your sig pic always makes me smile.  No matter where you may pop up, I love seeing it! ;)

• Also, I think you should get rid of your FI for leaving the door open. And I'm pretty sure your puppy doesn't know how to turn a door handle. Bad cop out excuse that she broke through 2 closed doors. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Let me get this straight - The dog busted open your bedroom door and your closet door? What are the doors made of? Styrofoam? Cardboard? Paper?

You're ridiculous.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_untitled-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:b74de367-7a7e-42f9-a173-2d87082423aaPost:dda83af0-1990-4e10-a309-bbac5159f732">Re: :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI forgot to pick up his napkin from the table last night.  I told him today that I'm giving him back to his parents.  GOOD RIDDANCE.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Man, by that standard I should have dropped Charlie off at the pound a million times over by this point. That boy is not housebroken.

Does click training work on fiances?
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_untitled-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:b74de367-7a7e-42f9-a173-2d87082423aaPost:b340fdb2-5210-461b-b4f6-79ff4e95bbfc">Re: :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: :( : Sadly, it is. She told SB in a bizarre "intro" thread that she had to have the dog's tail docked because it hit the wall when it wagged. :(
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

I'm not a dog owner, but this sounds totally bogus to me. And I agree, what a bizarre way to introduce yourself to a board. Unless you're trying to warm said board up for eventually kicking your dog out for other undesirable behaviors.

• I think this is probably the best decision for the dog's sake, actually.  You clearly are not capable of being a responsible, loving dog owner.

I could make a list of all the things my dog has eaten since we've had him.  NEVER was I pissed... in fact, most times I was concerned and then felt guilty that he had gotten into something that was bad for him.

5 lb bag of flour (still trying to get that out of my carpet, fyi.)
    shoes
    clothes
    books
    DVDs
    more shoes
    he gnawed the corner off of our old tv stand
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_untitled-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:b74de367-7a7e-42f9-a173-2d87082423aaPost:0cdc5815-42ad-4ce2-a761-3b2708f03c8d">Re: :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: :( : I'm so glad I never saw that thread. My dog "beats" my H and I everyday with his tail. It hurts like b*tch when you get hit just the right way, but we think it's hilarious how happy and enthusiastic his is. Docking his tail had never crossed our minds before.
    Posted by waltzingmatilda13[/QUOTE]

My moms dog has a long thin tail (pit) her name is Olivia. . .also known as Libby. . but she's also so extremely happy and loving. Her tail wags constantly and she's earned the affectionate name was "Wippy". She just loves to 'love tap' a lot. I couldn't imagine her not having her tail. I also couldn't imagine nor want to imagine what it would do to her if someone had cut it off. Poor dog.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards