Wedding Etiquette Forum

Thursday yo!

How's it going ladies of E? 

I forgot my lunch at home.  Boo.  At least I get off at 11:45 today. 

Any word on Diane and Sam? 

Happy Birthday Smear of the Mandy proportion.

Have a great day e'rrrybody.  Don't let anything get you down! 

Re: Thursday yo!

• Morning, Stacks! I was just wondering about Diane and Sam myself. You seem cheery today. Is it because it's almost Friday? ;-)
    meet annie! rescued 6.17.12 imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I have no idea why I'm cheery - but I'm gonna go with it.  :)  Probably the high doses of sunshine this week.  I love that I drove to work today and it was already 74 degrees. 
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Good Morning! I have to leave for work here in the next 10 minutes or so. It's sunshinning here too Stacks!

Did those people ever come by to take pictures of the house to be put on the market?
  • I am so with you on the sunshine. It is so nice after such a long winter. I was very ready to see winter go. My allergies have been wicked though.
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Oh and I'm thrilled to actually make it on the first page of this thing. It's been so long. Lately I've come in and had to wade through 2 or 3 pages.
  • Good morning! I'm praying this day goes by quickly. It's killing me to be at work today!
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Morning. I just got through reading emails from the boss about some changes in our work, mainly addressing the fact that people have been taking liberties with our copy and abusing the system (which is totally true, I've been bitching about it for months to him). I can't really explain it without a super huge post, so I'll just say I'm looking forward to the shiitstorm once everyone gets in and realizes that *gasp* they actually have to work now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-yo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:59231f40-135d-40f2-87ce-99a76959e1aePost:4bb0e234-c2bc-4b65-a0c3-aa4329dd6a2f">Re: Thursday yo!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! H and I got the neatest belated birthday gifts from BIL and his gf. Its a gift certificate to a place called Celebrity Kitchens and you can either go to have dinner where a chef makes it right in front of you or you can go for a hands-on dinner where you get to cook your own dinner with guidance from the chef. Each day is a different meal. I can't wait to plan a day to go.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

That is AWESOME! Where is it located?
  • Ugh yes!  And they posted them online yesterday.  I'm SOOOOO glad I made a stink about not getting any TV's in the pictures because he took pictures of our stuff and not the house.  The living room/kitchen shots you can't even tell what the flooring is and the flooring is by far what made us even rent that stupid house b/c I love it.  Then in the basement instead of showcasing how big the finished part of it is they took pictures of our stuff.  No joke.  Why does someone want to see a picture of a treadmill and a drumset?  They also took a picture of the kitchen in Jocelyn's room.  Like SERIOUSLY?  How does that sell a house?  Idiots. 

It did motivate me to start packing.  I've started collecting boxes at work already so I'm going to do at least one box a night of personal items b/c I do not like seeing my stuff up on the interwebz. 

EXAMPLES:  I mean why not get a shot of the entire space?  That basement is huge and this is what you get of it.

• Ewwww, that is super weird, Stacks! Those pictures look like they are trying to sell your stuff, not an apartment. I wouldn't like that at all.
  • LVB the day before a vacation is always the longest day ever!  Did you go to the park yesterday?  Get all lovey dovey with Tebow?

LTB - that is a great present!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-yo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:59231f40-135d-40f2-87ce-99a76959e1aePost:4bb0e234-c2bc-4b65-a0c3-aa4329dd6a2f">Re: Thursday yo!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! H and I got the neatest belated birthday gifts from BIL and his gf. Its a gift certificate to a place called Celebrity Kitchens and you can either go to have dinner where a chef makes it right in front of you or you can go for a hands-on dinner where you get to cook your own dinner with guidance from the chef. Each day is a different meal. I can't wait to plan a day to go.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

That sounds really cool. I would love to get guidance from a chef, although H would probably just want to watch him cook. I wonder if we have something like that around here.
  • That might have to be something we check out. That's only a couple hours away. FI would love something like that for his birthday. You will have to report back on how it was!
  • Lol, we didnt' end up at the park because I was just so bummed out. but he refrained from playing his stupid Tebow video game and we just watched tv together. There better be some lovey tomorrow though!
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • I love Tim Tebow. LOVE.

That is all.
  • H's mom mentioned getting something like that cooking thing (except you always do the cooking). I'm hoping she got it for our anniversary or something because it's awkward to bring up and not something we could justify affording on our own.
  • I think MIL wishes H really was TT. She mentions it almost every time we're over there. It's kinda weird.
  • Mmmmm yeah. That's a little creepy.
  • LTB, that sounds fabulous! I would love it. LVB, I hope your day goes quickly. Sesh, you will ahve to come back and post reactions of your coirkers at the realization that they will actually have to work. HBTK, I'd gladly send you some of my sunshine. It's supposed to get up to 90 today, ugh. SUCH a change from last week's highs in the 60's.

I've been up since, yawn, 3:45 working on my last major paper for these stupid classes. I've got probably another 20 minutes of work to do on it, and then I will be basically done! Still have 3 classes to go to, and tonight's is going to make me miss my older daughter's chorus banquet, but it is what it is. DH and my mom are going (THAT should be interesting), so she will have some supporters.

• Morning!  Working at home but H has the day off and he and his friend will be doing work around the house.  I hope I don't get sucked into helping!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-yo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:59231f40-135d-40f2-87ce-99a76959e1aePost:96de1ac1-c642-444d-b477-7a702372abb1">Re: Thursday yo!</a>:
    [QUOTE]LTB, that sounds fabulous! I would love it. LVB, I hope your day goes quickly. Sesh, you will ahve to come back and post reactions of your coirkers at the realization that they will actually have to work. HBTK, I'd gladly send you some of my sunshine. It's supposed to get up to 90 today, ugh. SUCH a change from last week's highs in the 60's. I've been up since, yawn, 3:45 working on my last major paper for these stupid classes. I've got probably another 20 minutes of work to do on it, and then I will be basically done! Still have 3 classes to go to, and tonight's is going to make me miss my older daughter's chorus banquet, but it is what it is. DH and my mom are going (THAT should be interesting), so she will have some supporters.
    Posted by sarabellam[/QUOTE]

You're almost there! It's almost over! Stay positive :-)

I will gladly take your 90. I love to be warm.
  • Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    Oh guys.   I babysat Lailah yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed her, but then her mom came and picked her up.  It's the first time I've seen her since everything went down before Christmas.  She tried to come in and sit down and chat.  I was all, "Joce get L's shoes" and kind of pushed her out the door.  Like really chick, I don't have sh*t to say to you, and you're lucky I'm not going off on you right now.  She thinks all is forgotten and got in a horribly big stink yelling at BIL that she wasn't invited to Mother's Day stuff wtih MIL, SIL and I this weekend.  Ummm, no, sorry.  Throat punch on aisle 3. 
  • I am good. I mean I think I am good. I am not sure but the more I think about it the more I think I have been having little panic attacks lately. My mom is freaking out and trying to lessen the "stress" on me but I am not freaking stressed so I don't know exactly what to do. She (my mom) sent me this long email about how when she had her panic attacks it was during the summer (she is a teacher) so she wasn't "stressed" either.

I just don't know what to do. I would like to feel normal for the wedding.
  • What are your symptoms? I would normally reccomend some type of anti anxiety (I should probably be on one too), but with it this close to your wedding...I dont know..
  • I start sweating and getting really shakey and weak. Yesterday it was like I could see myself moving around and talking and working but I wasn't there if that makes any sense. Previous ones have just been really shakey and weak. Yesterday after it happened I sat down and ate an apple (I thought it might have been my blood sugar) and I didn't feel right until after I got home and worked out (about 4 hours later).
  • Thing is, I am no where near thinking about the wedding when they happen. We really are fine with getting stuff done and all of that jazz. That is what is freaking me out because I am not freaking out (if that makes any sense).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-yo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:59231f40-135d-40f2-87ce-99a76959e1aePost:3513f6c6-d511-4ede-a74b-703d5ede3702">Re: Thursday yo!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh guys.   I babysat Lailah yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed her, but then her mom came and picked her up.  It's the first time I've seen her since everything went down before Christmas.  She tried to come in and sit down and chat.  I was all, "Joce get L's shoes" and kind of pushed her out the door.  Like really chick, I don't have sh*t to say to you, and you're lucky I'm not going off on you right now.  She thinks all is forgotten and got in a horribly big stink yelling at BIL that she wasn't invited to Mother's Day stuff wtih MIL, SIL and I this weekend.  Ummm, no, sorry.  Throat punch on aisle 3. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

I hate to ask for a recap, but what happened there?
  • I agree with LTB. And if it IS only stress, they can prescribe you something. I take a low dose of Xanax on an as needed basis. I would die without it. My attacks come on the strongest when I am just sitting at work going about my business, or other random "normal" moments, then all of a sudden I am totally spazzing out.

Can't hurt to drop by the doc and see what they have to say, ya know?
  • Oh I will totally be going to the doctors if I can get an appointment. :)

Other than that I am all good. Last night we grilled JOT DOTS and had a lovely meal outside at our picnic table that FI fixed up. It was very nice to eat outside.

• Morning, ladies. Happy Thursday!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards