Ohio-Cincinnati

Lighting Vendors?

Hi ladies,

I recently got quotes from two lighting vendors, Goodwin and Vincent.  I heard that Vincent is usually several hundreds of dollars less than Goodwin.  After getting both of their quotes, Vincent is only $100 less than Goodwin!  (FYI, Goodwin is $1500, Vincent is $1400 and I'm looking to spend about $800.)

I am trying to find a lighting vendor that is less expensive, b/c as of right now I don't think either of their quotes are reasonable for what they are providing. 

Does anyone know of any other lighting vendors in the Cincinnati/NKY area that are reasonably priced? 
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Lighting Vendors?

• edited December 2011
    Can you supply your own lighting or have to use a vendor?

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• edited December 2011
    What type of lighting are you looking for specifically?  We used Vincent last March and I thought they gave us a great deal for our package.  Have you asked your dj (if you are using one) if they have lighting?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Try Partech on Reading Road.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have nothing useful to add on this one, but Goodwin kinda ticked me off.  They immediately tried to upsell us and instead of answering my questions and then didn't respond when I said I didn't want all the bells and whistles.  :/ 

Does anyone have any tips on doing your own lighting? 

-v
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_lighting-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:88ea9d27-3e49-49e2-9360-98c9cad16850Post:5bc9bbca-c9cb-480d-a59c-1721711f50cc">Re: Lighting Vendors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can you supply your own lighting or have to use a vendor?
    Posted by mahoganieyes[/QUOTE]

I can supply some of the uplighting, but I don't know anyone personally who has the expertise to hang spotlights from the ceiling...I wish I did!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_lighting-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:88ea9d27-3e49-49e2-9360-98c9cad16850Post:385be2fc-8c09-493f-89d5-0200ddbad58d">Re: Lighting Vendors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What type of lighting are you looking for specifically?  We used Vincent last March and I thought they gave us a great deal for our package.  Have you asked your dj (if you are using one) if they have lighting?
    Posted by tb583[/QUOTE]

This is what we asked for specifically:
    1. Lighting for up to (18) table centerpieces
    2. Up lighting the (4) columns in the main floor in an appropriate accent color
    3. Up lighting the curved wall on the main floor with shafts of green color
    4. Projecting a contemporary style image texture onto the dance floor area
    5. Adjusting the existing lighting to provide the proper atmosphere.
    6. Labor for installation prior to the ceremony
    7. Labor for lighting adjustments during the room reset between the ceremony and reception
    8.Labor for removal at the conclusion of the event

I will ask our DJ, but I don't think he provides lighting  b/c he didn't mention that at all when we met with him. 

Based on what we're asking for, am I being unrealistic to think I can get that for around $800?
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_lighting-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:88ea9d27-3e49-49e2-9360-98c9cad16850Post:54cc2f6c-069d-4645-87ac-1ef0d088170e">Re: Lighting Vendors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try Partech on Reading Road.
    Posted by decobelle[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will check them out!!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_lighting-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:88ea9d27-3e49-49e2-9360-98c9cad16850Post:31ccde8e-a429-460c-bc17-2eb322245351">Re: Lighting Vendors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have nothing useful to add on this one, but Goodwin kinda ticked me off.  They immediately tried to upsell us and instead of answering my questions and then didn't respond when I said I didn't want all the bells and whistles.  :/  Does anyone have any tips on doing your own lighting?  -v
    Posted by jollygreen[/QUOTE]

I hadn't heard great reports on Goodwin, but our videographer highly recommended them, so I thought we could see what they said.  They actually did come back to me with a less expensive quote once I told them our price range.  But they basically cut out half of what we wanted and lowered the price accordingly, so that really didn't work...
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am having my lighting done by Party Pleasers.  If you get their $995 DJ and MC package, then the lighting is really inexpensive!  I am very impressed by them.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am looking for similar things and got the same $1500 quote. I also tried Prestige but their quote was only $20 less which I was bummed about because our reception place said that they would probably be much cheaper. From what I have seen, all the lighting companies charge an arm and a leg, especially for the pinspot lighting on the centerpieces. I would say see what you can get from Prestige!
  • HSchallHSchall member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Goodwin for our lighting at our wedding two weeks ago.  I think they did a great job.  They were very professional and gave me exactly what I was looking for.  The lighting had a HUGE overall impact so, while it was certainly pricey, I think it was worth it.  I think that the quote that you got for what you were asking is very reasonable.  Think about the labor and equipment that goes into setting up lighting.  In my view if you go with Goodwin you can feel confident that you will get a high quality product and not have to worry about it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards