April 2013 Weddings

Just checking in!

Hi ladies! It's been awhile since I've been around the boards. My wedding planning kind of fell behind because we have been planning a big move. My FI got transferred out to a new job in another state so we've been house hunting/trying to make a moving game plan, it's VERY stressful, let me tell ya. As far as wedding news goes, we have booked out photographer (which I'm REALLY excited about), the venue, now I'm working on save the dates (we are destination wedding so I'm trying to get them sent out sooner rather than later). How's everyone else doing with the wedding planning/life? Cool
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

Re: Just checking in!

• vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I hope everything calms down for you!

Planning is okay here. I am asking my first lady to stand up with me today! I am nervous about it haha.

Yesterday I received some amazing news. Backstory: FI wants to be a cop. He finished school one of the highest in his class, has awesome letters of recommendation, and currently works as a cadet/dispatcher at one of the stations here. But with the sucky economy they are only laying off officers and rarely hiring. So it has been a rough process. He has a dream location to work for, which he applied to.

For the past 5 years it has been a waiting game for us; not to mention a complete emotional roller coaster. When we can finally see a small light at the end of the tunnel something happens and it goes dark. He has been in a 2 year long hiring process, and when he called last week to check the status they said nothing has happened thus far, it could be a week or it could be a year; no one knew when anything would happen.

Well yesterday he got the call. He has an interview with the Chief in a few weeks. When he told me I couldn't stop crying. The interview doesn't necessarily means he gets the job, but it is the final step in this ridiculously long process and our waiting game will be over; and we can finally move forward. I feel as if a weight has been lifted off our shoulders. No more sleepless nights worrying.

Thank you if you read that lol I just had word vomit and I am just so relieved and happy!
  • thats amazing news!

FI has also been trying to become a police officer...sometimes i think they turn you away to see if you are willing to come back....its so hard to get into so I totally hear you when you say you were seeing no light at the end of the tunnel...congrats thats a big step..

:)

I got my wedding shoes last night so happy only 60 dollars :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oooh that's so excited for you guys VK, I hope everything turns out really well for you guys! I hate waiting to hear back about jobs, it's always so stressful!!!!! I have my fingers crossed for you guys!
    I also got really nervous about asking my bridesmaids, it's like you know they love you but it's still scary they might say no LoL. I got all shy and nervous when I asked one of my girls but of course she was excited.

Nay1984-I LOVE that you got your shoes for $60...I keep looking at shoes and debating if I should buy them yet. I need to just get on it! I also feel like I will use wedding as an excuse to buy all kinds of new shoes (I have a problem with shoes lol).
  • Congrats vk!! That's do exciting! : My FI wants to be a cop too, but unfortunately wasn't always an upstanding citizen.. He experimented a little in his first college. He's changed completely since then but I know how hard it is to get a job in law enforcement and because of his history I get nervous. He's been thinking of the air force too which makes me even more nervous. He would have his 4 yr degree so he'd start out as an officer, and we both want to travel a lot.. It's just scary to think something might happen and that he'll be away for so long. I'm scared to graduate this December because I have NO idea what my life will be like.
  • Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    VK-congrats!! what awesome news and I hope it works out!!!

Nay--Awesome deal on your shoes!!!  Did you wind up going with a color? I remember we were all talking about our shoes in a post. I also got my shoes (badgley mischkas) for that price!!!!  Doesn't it make you feel good when you get something that you really love for a good price! When I saw the original price of the badgleys I wanted I told myself to keep looking, but was so estatic when I saw them on-sale!

No major news over here, I have been debating for a while if I should go get my masters in social work, or just leave the field all together!  After being in it for quite some time I feel burnt and not sure if I want to continue. I feel like I think about this daily at work and could never decide because college was tough for me, so to make the decision to go back especially since i have been out of college since 2007 is so hard. I am looking into other fields and job oppurtunities bc I just feel stuck where I am and I hate feeling like that!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    Thanks ladies!

Nay - Let's see some pictures!!

Christine, I have 2 hangers completely finished so far:

• Vk- they came out sooooooo gooooodddd! your letters are perfect!!!!!
  • I went with white because they have a rhinestone type brooch which is the big accent  for our wedding theme..my belt for my dress the girls are going to wear a brooch..chair covers etc   i was going to go with davids bridal but they were a little too high for me im wearing converse at night time so i didnt want there to be such a difference in the length of my dress

so ive included my hangers...which i love how they turned out...my sister is still trying to convince me to change over her whole closet to these hangers haha

and my puppy sleeping  just bc hes so cute

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • VK thats a GREAT 't'   i found that to be the hardeset letter and i had to make quite a few lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey ladies, wow so many soon to be policeman getting married in April, that is awesome!!!! I have had a great week, I graduated with my bachelors degree on Sat, and on Monday found out I got a new position at work!!! So excited!!! I have all the major things for the wedding done so I'm excited about that too, I really like this board!!! Omg wedding is 10 months from yesterday
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_just-checking-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:442c86f4-51ad-4560-9f8d-b684494428d4Post:975cb300-bfa3-4979-883c-c85adba7807a">Re:Just checking in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies, wow so many soon to be policeman getting married in April, that is awesome!!!! I have had a great week,<strong> I graduated with my bachelors degree on Sat, and on Monday found out I got a new position at work!!!</strong> So excited!!! I have all the major things for the wedding done so I'm excited about that too, I really like this board!!! Omg wedding is 10 months from yesterday
    Posted by abbyizzymommy[/QUOTE]

Congratulations, that is awesome!!

Nay I love your shoes, those are super cute!

I had to remake those names a few times and I experimented with the T quite a few times. I found it looks best if you just make the straight line and then glue on the '-'. I have yet to figure out how to make a K. any tips??

I plan on remaking a few of the other names because I am more confident now lol, and hopefully they will be finished by Monday. But I don't see Courtney very often, so I wanted to get hers ready and I will ask her today and Margaret tomorrow! I still don't know what I plan on saying and I feel like a loser because I am nervous haha. I am meeting Courtney after work because I am a BM in her wedding and she wants me to help pick out her BM's dresses so hopefully she wants to be in mine too!
  • the k was hard i search it on youtube to help me out

her k top right part she bends the pieces together I kept mine a little more loopy

hope this helps
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    I can't watch it at work, but I will check later on tonight, thanks so much!
  • All you future cop wives are really brave in my book. I would never have been able to be with someone who wanted to be in law enforcement. Many are the times I have told fi how glad I am that he is not a first responder of any sort, nor a military member. He'd be 4F anyway with his back, but I just know I would never be able to handle that kind of daily stress. Obviously someone has to, and I commend all of you for it.

The only WR thing that happened this weekend, as it was concert weekend and that ate up everything, is that my Aunt confirmed that she's going to pay for my dress. This is a wonderful gift that takes a tiny bit of the stress off fi and I. Now I jut have to make a dress shopping appointment.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • So much good news this week!  Congrats, VK and Abbyizzy!

I did something WR!  Haha I've felt sooo out of it since we're buying this out.  Bath & Body Works and Victoria's Secret have their semi-annual sale right now and I picked out a body mist and lotion combo for the bathroom hospitality baskets.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_just-checking-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:442c86f4-51ad-4560-9f8d-b684494428d4Post:3861287c-3343-439e-a5bf-097e50fbffa7">Re: Just checking in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]VK-congrats!! what awesome news and I hope it works out!!! Nay--Awesome deal on your shoes!!!  Did you wind up going with a color? I remember we were all talking about our shoes in a post. I also got my shoes (badgley mischkas) for that price!!!!  Doesn't it make you feel good when you get something that you really love for a good price! When I saw the original price of the badgleys I wanted I told myself to keep looking, but was so estatic when I saw them on-sale! No major news over here, I have been debating for a while if I should go get my masters in social work, or just leave the field all together!  After being in it for quite some time I feel burnt and not sure if I want to continue. I feel like I think about this daily at work and could never decide because college was tough for me, so to make the decision to go back especially since i have been out of college since 2007 is so hard. I am looking into other fields and job oppurtunities bc I just feel stuck where I am and I hate feeling like that!
    Posted by Christine9866[/QUOTE]

I completely understand what you are saying. I work at as a victim advocate at a safehouse for women and I sometimes feel so burned out and don't know what to do. I've also been out of college since 07! I used to love my job so much but sometimes I feel like I need a change just to recharge on it. I hope you find out what you want to do soon! I hate the feeling of being stuck...it's so frustrating.
  • erbear, good idea!  i was in VS yesterday and next to Bath and Body Works and I didn't even think about grabbing some bathroom/welcome bag goodies!  Maybe I will stop in this weekend :-)  DId anyone buy anything from The Knot's Wedding Shop during the sale?  I'm trying to think of what to get our wedding party but everything seems so cliche.  Also, we're going to have an 18 person wedding party if you include my niece and nephew(FG & RB) so I highly doubt I'll get the same thing for all of the ladies and all of the guys.  

I'm currently about 2 months ahead of schedule with planning b/c I'm getting ready to go to sea for about 5 weeks over the next couple of months.  I wanted to get a jump on things and I'm currently working on the 6-8 month to-dos :-)  It's kind of hard for us because my FI is 6 hours away from me(I'm in Panama City Beach, FL and he's in Tampa, FL) and we're getting married at my parents' home in North Carolina.  On top of that, he's constantly deployed for work and I will be soon, too.  Skype and email are the key to our wedding plans :-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_just-checking-in?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:442c86f4-51ad-4560-9f8d-b684494428d4Post:e6c732f7-0c3a-4b8e-88b2-bad492ea1e96">Re: Just checking in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just checking in! : I completely understand what you are saying. I work at as a victim advocate at a safehouse for women and I sometimes feel so burned out and don't know what to do. I've also been out of college since 07! I used to love my job so much but sometimes I feel like I need a change just to recharge on it. I hope you find out what you want to do soon! I hate the feeling of being stuck...it's so frustrating.
    Posted by ChelseaW36[/QUOTE]

I hope the same for you too!!!! Feeling burnt is soooo common in this field! I changed positions 3 times with in my agency just to get more experience working with different population, each time I still get the same feeling! I feel and forsee a huge change for me in the near future, just have to be positive.

Nay-- I love your shoes!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards