New Hampshire
Options

I'm also back! A quick recap and some reviews:)

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all of your well wishes!  Overall, our day was amazing, and I wouldn't have changed a thing.  Other than the bustle on my dress breaking, we really didn't have any unexpected bumps.  I think that's part luck, part control-freak, double checked a thousand times, confirm, confirm, confirm. :)

.Some vendor reviews:

Reception Venue- Grappone Conference Center: This reception venue was perfect for us!  It had the attached hotel like DH really wanted, was close to the church, and centrally located for our traveling families from northern NH and MA.  Susan, the event coordinator we worked with, was FABULOUS.  She was extremely contact-able, helpful, and just so kind.  I knew everything would be perfect, because she listened to what I wanted, and double checked everything.  I couldn't have asked for more. We got SO many compliments on the food- everyone loved it! The Grappone Center also recommended our baker (who we were planning to go with either way), and our DJ, and because we booked them through the GCC, we got discounts on both vendors.There are two beautiful patios with gardens (one with access out of the ballroom), where we took photos before leaving for the church, and lots of guests can take personal photos, go outside to get fresh air, etc.  I really can't say enough about it! I felt that we got a good value for what we paid, the room was beautiful, and we loved it!  A++++

Florist- Cobblestone Design Company:
They were amazing!  We saw a couple of other florists before going to Cobblestone, but I felt like the others were a bit outdated, and they didn't 'get' what I was going for.  Laurie at Cobblestone was fantastic, and was able to put my somewhat disjointed flower vision into absolutely stunning bouquets, alter and pew decor, and corsages and bouts. I loved the flowers SO much- they were exactly what I wanted, asked for, and envisioned.  They were easy to contact, helpful when I had questions, and were promtp. I can't say enough!  A ++++

Hair and Makeup- Donna Cotnoir, Custom for You NH:
Donna is a family friend, but was also absolutely the best!  I have fairly hard-to-manage hair (very thick and very fine), and so updos can be a challenge.  Donna has done my hair in an updo that stayed put for proms, other weddings, and my wedding day, and I have been incredibly pleased each and every time.  She did all of the hair and makeup for the girls and moms, too!  Everyone got what they wanted, and felt comfortable with the amount of makeup (neither of our moms are super-flashy makeup people).  We all got so many compliments!  Donna is incredibly sweet, and is responsible, punctual, and really listens to what you want.  A ++++

Photography- Dave and Eric from A Photographic Memory:
Dave and Eric were awesome!  I sent them a list of must-take photos ahead of time, and they definitely listened and made sure they were taken care of.  They encouraged us to have fun, so we could create fun photos! They were so helpful in everything to be sure we have great photos- they talked us through getting my dress laced, accessories on, etc.  They took lots of time to be sure that we got the photos we wanted and that they were happy with, but were also mindful of time, and that we didn’t want to miss the reception! I can’t say enough, again.  I was incredibly pleased!  Photos pending, of course, but so far, A ++++

DJ- Tim Patoine from A Good Time DJs
Tim was awesome!  From the moment we first met with him, we were so excited, and knew that he would do an amazing job.  He was super friendly, energetic, and listened to what we wanted for our reception.  He offered suggestions as needed, and really made us feel like it was all taken care of.  Tim arrived early, was set up and ready to go, and kept the dance floor full ALL NIGHT! Our guests keep saying how great he was, and how much fun they had- and we attribute that to him.  Another A ++++

Bridal Gown- Marry and Tux
I worked with Katy at Marry and Tux, and she was great!  After telling her a bit about what I liked in dresses, she pulled a handful of them and I loved EVERY SINGLE ONE, which hadn’t happened at any other store.  She was helpful in offering suggestions, and really could tell what I wanted.  She was so helpful and nice, and that made me feel great about purchasing my dress there.  A ++++

Bridesmaid Dresses- David’s Bridal
If you’re going to make a trip to David’s it’s better to go during the week, if possible.  On Saturdays, it’s pretty busy in there!  Overall, it was also helpful to go in with an idea of styles I wanted the girls to try, rather than send everyone on a free-for-all shopping spree to look at different styles.  I chose kind of a ‘collection’, asked them to try those first, and said if we didn’t like them, then we’d look for others.  Turns out, one of those that I picked was perfect, and the girls loved it. I just think with so many styles, it’s helpful there to narrow your focus.  Because you share a consultant with other shoppers, you end up doing a lot of the legwork yourself, if you don’t want to wait. Going into this, though, I knew that that was the case.  David’s had the colors I wanted, and a style I loved.  Dresses were affordable, and came in quickly. A +

Overall, I'm incredibly happy with the vendors we chose. I was so happy with everything! Feel free to ask me any questions- I'm happy to help!
Anniversary

Re: I'm also back! A quick recap and some reviews:)

• Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations Elizabeth and welcome back MRS!  It was such a beautiful day for you and Katie to get married--was thinking of you both!

LOVE your photo above--you look beautiful.  So glad that all the vendors really came through for you.  Thanks for sharing!

I am getting really excited for our wedding in less than 2 weeks and hope that the weather holds out.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congratulations! I am so happy you didn't hit all the bumps that I did!! Your pic is beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  That is such a cute picture! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Welcome back Mrs.! The pic is gorgeous! I am jealous...we haven't gotten ours back yet, just a teaser or two!

It was such a beautiful day! We really lucked out!

I'm glad to hear that everything went well for you!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We haven't gotten any pics back, either, but my dad, who's kind of a photo buff, carried a small point and shoot in his pocket all day, so he took that shot, along with a few others.:)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards