Georgia-Savannah
Options

wedding at the mackey house?

I have been searching for a place to have our ceremony and reception. Has anyone been to the mackey house?

Re: wedding at the mackey house?

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding at the Mackey House.  It has been a few years, though.  It is a really pretty venue.   My aunt was actually there two weeks ago for a wedding and said it was lovely.  From what I have seen of it,  I would recomend you at least looking into it. 
    Keep in mind, though, it is a bit away from town.  Some people really want something closer to the Historic District.  Others really welcome the break from having to find parking and such. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I love the Mackey House... it is so nice out there.  and dont start me on the food!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what about their prices? were only looking to spend about 8000 for the reception and ceremony
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about the pricing, but HERE is a link to their page.  I think it all really depends on how long you use the facilities and what services you choose.  They also have several different menue choices.  I would suggest you call and talk to them to see what they can do for you in your price range.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were looking at having our wedding at the Mackey House but decided on a ballroom instead as our guest list began to grow. Nothing against the Mackey House though, it is beatiful. They have an inside and outside option. It is set up like a family home with a nice yard area. If you are thinking of having a smaller, more personal affair, I think it would be perfect. They offer a variety of menu optionsl I think their specialty is heavy hoir dourves but they can do a meal if you choose. We met with the owners and they are very nice and accomodating. I do not remember what there price range was, but I think it would vary depending on people, menu, etc. They are definitely not extremely high and decorations could be minimal because it is such an amazing space. It is set out away from town but there is plenty of parking at the venue. I would definitaly reccomend taking a tour of the grounds.
  • Options
    laurenmk26laurenmk26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding at the Mackey House in October!  We have a lot of out of town people and love that we are having everything there so no one has to drive from the ceremony to reception.  The property is beautiful and needs little added for decor/color.  They are great to work with. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards