New York-Long Island

L.I. Bachelorette Party!

Hey ladies!!

My friend is getting married in May and I helping to plan a bachelorette party. I am from NJ and have never actually been to Long Island other than concerts at Nassau Colosseum.

Any suggestions??? I'm not even quite sure what I am looking for, so any suggestions would be AWESOME.

Thanks!
Sept. 2012 May Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon
Greece (Athens, Mykonos, Naxos, Santorini)
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: L.I. Bachelorette Party!

• Should I mention she lives in Massapequa?? If that helps with location..
  • It honestly all depends on what you guys want to do for the bachelorette party ... Whether it be clubs or bars or something different a day thing a night thing .... Let me know and I can let you know of some good spots ... I know my profile says I'm from south Florida but I've only been here 2 years ... Born and raised in ny ... Funnier thing that I was born and raised in massapequa! Hth
    IlanaandDanWedding291of1402Anniversary
  • Honestly I'm not sure. It won't be a full day thing. Maybe do something early evening for dinner and then out.

I was just trying to find something that was a little bit more creative than just dinner and out to a bar/club. Whether it be a wine tasting, or a mixology class, or I have no idea - something cool! haha We'll probably want to end up going out to a bar at some point, so suggestions there would be great!

• Like what carl said, it depends on what you guys like doing. You can go to a vineyard and then out for dinner and drinks. If your into partying then I would suggest the Hamptons. There's a bar called Neptunes which I heard is a lot of fun. They have a lot of outdoor bards and restaurants.
  • honestly ... id probably say going to a winery out east or even blue point brewery depending whether u guys are into wine or beer .... they have packages to serve dinner as well ... or you can go out to the hamptons and have a nice dinner ... or ride on home and do something more local like dinner there and some local bars .... i guess the main question is ... does the bride want relaxing winerey atmosphere or is she expecting something all out and crazy bachelorette party (even at some bars) ... bc if u want do the bar hop idea ... there are some really good bars in the strip of farmingdale on main street .... start at the library and move onto the nutty irishman or something like that ... u can even go to the nautical mile in freeport ... or hop in cabs or limos to long beach .....
    IlanaandDanWedding291of1402Anniversary
  • Vineyards out east or you can do a spa day at the East Wind in Wading River Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • booking a limo for the wineries and then to dinner is a great idea. spend a few hours doing that and then have the limo drive you for dinner somewhere or to a spa etc.... do you know where you'l be staying that night?

• I actually run a really fun business for Pin Up Parties, which is a totally fun and different type of party if you guys aren't really into the whole "club" going out/drinking thing.
    And the best part....we are based out of Long Island!! Not far from Massapequa.
    You can check out our facebook page (we are still working on our website): www.facebook.com/pinmeupparties
    Feel free to email me if you have any questions or are interested, and good luck with your planning!
    pinmeupparties@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards