Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

yay for BB&B mixup! haha

I registered for the kitchenaid stand mixer and didn't get it at my shower... so i'd pretty much given up hope of getting it.  Well they had my shower at work the other day and along with that I got a bunch of other stuff... they went way overboard but I am SO appreciative! Well I went to open it and even though the box said the right color, the mixer inside was wrong. I went back to exchange it and the girl looked it up on my registry (along with a duplicate that I got) and they didn't use the 20% off coupons!!! so even after i bought the right mixer and a few other things I still have $100 credit!!!! WOO HOO finally a mixup worked in my favor haha
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: yay for BB&B mixup! haha

• edited December 2011
    Nice!  
    Also I'm really jealous of your mixer.  
  • edited December 2011
    Ooh.. it's hard to believe people shop at BB&B for big items without coupons.. But I guess it's just stuck in our brains since we all know about it now.   I would never buy something big from there without a coupon anymore!   

Heres a secret - did you know they don't care about expiration dates on coupons at BB&B?  So when you randomly get them in the mail.. stockpile them till you need them - expired or not.  I've seriously got about 20 sitting here just waiting to be used.
  • edited December 2011
    ooodsie-  I know about this too. And when LNT was in business they took those coupons too, expired also! 

Congrats, that mixer rocks!! ( I have the professional one... excessive, but FI is nuts like that, and I wanted to register for it but he wanted me to have it last year at xmas)
  • edited December 2011
    You can also use them all at once! DH and I just went there to buy the remaining items we wanted from our registry and I used like 8 of them -- all expired, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we have a stack of coupons that we hold onto - whenever a friend of ours has just moved, we are always giving out coupons to help them buy things for thier new home.  it's awesome to see how much money we can help them save!
  • edited December 2011
    Jill - that's so nice of you guys!
  • edited December 2011
    kim- H tried ti throw them out once since we have quite a pile. he didn't understand why I was saving expired coupons. silly boys!

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    :)  we do what we can.  when we buy our own home next year, it will be fun to save for us too!
  • PhillyGal34PhillyGal34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i take like 30 of them with me no matter what I am getting and see how many they will let me use haha the $5 off $15 are the best though... I covet them! haha
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Also, if you ever buy something without a coupon, bring the receipt and coupon back another time and they'll credit you the 20%.

edited December 2011
    really??????? I never knew that!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't know you could use the exipired ones so I will keep them all from now on...thanks guys!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 235 invited so far!
    image 144 are ready to party!
    image 91 will be missing out!
    image 0 are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    I have a good 25 of these coupons sitting in my coupon drawer at home. FI just laughs. I used to work next door to one, and one of the girls used to come over with extras since she knew I was engaged. My dad decided to be cool and signed up for the coupons in the mail, so we get his too. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That's awesome!!
    Photobucket
    edited December 2011
    the email coupons DO expire though... I tried to use one that I printed out (it expired the day before) and she said they couldn't use those.  I guess people would just print out a million copies and use them forever. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards