Just Engaged and Proposals

My story

Just realized I never shared my story and I'm in a sappy mood and thought I would share :)

FI and I went on a cruise 7 night cruise to the caribbean (which was awesome aside from the proposal).  Our first night there,  we walked around a while, but iit had been a long long day and we were so tired and we walked around forever and eventually it was dark outside and we decided to just sit down. 

We started talking about random things and somehow I ended up on the topic of wedding favors.  We knew a long time ago we were going to get married eventually (when $ would permit) so we would talk about random things in passing or whatever as ideas popped into our head, but nothing like planning for real.  So it wasn't unusual for us to talk about that. 

Anyway, I mentioned that I saw some pictures of someone who had put candy inside those little ring boxes and I thought it was cute, so I was just telling him about it and he kept saying that he didn't understand.  So I kept telling him, "You know, those little square boxes that the ring boxes come in" and he kept saying "I don't understand.  What do they look like?"  I was so confused as to why he had no idea what I was talking about.  So I just told him that nevermind and that I would show him online after the cruise. 

So we're sitting there and it was so dark outside because we weren't near any of the lights and there was no one around at all (amazing how 3000 people can be on a ship and no one was in sight!) and we were watching some sort of ship in the distance that appeared to be shooting off fireworks or something of the sort.  Out of nowhere he turns to me and says, "Ohhhh. I know.  You mean the little boxes that THESE come in???"  So in one swift move he's down in front of me and the next thing I know I have a ring on my finger.  It was wonderful!

Just thought I'd share :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards