Hawaii

Hair and Makeup person in Oahu-Help!

Has anyone used this makeup guy?
EJay Maldonado?
I hired him based on some photos I saw and a referral from my photographer Dylan Dawson and now my coordinator is saying she's heard bad things about him and won't tell me what. 

What do I do? Switch? My wedding is 20 days away!! If so, any suggestions

Re: Hair and Makeup person in Oahu-Help!

• edited December 2011
    never heard of that person but try beauty by may if you need to switch :)
    Todd & Cari
    7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel
  • edited December 2011
    that stinks that she won't (or can't?) tell you more specifics about the bad things she's heard. Will she at least tell you if it involves the quality of his work, his personality, or his professionalism, for example? Can you ask your photographer to connect you to some brides who have used him to get their firsthand thoughts? Did you have to put down a deposit or is there a cancellation fee? If you won't be out any money and it makes you uncomfortable, I think switching might be your best option. good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Carrie817Carrie817 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    E-Jay Maldonado was amazing!  He was both professional and personable and went above and beyond what he was paid to do.  I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone who wants to be beautiful on their wedding day. 
  • edited December 2011
    I agree to the reply above. EJay Maldonado is amazing! He made me look so beautiful on my wedding day. Very profesional with a wonderful personality. He really knows his stuff. I've seen him in many local newspaper articles and also used the tips that he has given. I too would totally recommend him!
  • jennlovesbranjennlovesbran member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was also thinking about hiring Ejay based on the referral from Dylan Dawson.  It seems fishy that your wedding planner says she heard bad things about him but can't tell you what.  Does she have a preferred vendor list that she wants you to work with?
  • edited December 2011
    So just FYI, I did thankfully end up using E-Jay and he was absolutely amazing!!! I couldn't have asked for anyone better. All of my bridesmaids loved him as well. He worked so well with Dylan (who I also loved) and I would highly recommend using these two for anything fashion or beauty related!!! 
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the update!  i was wondering how this turned out...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards