Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

I need help, Puerto Rico Style

Hi guys! I just recently got engaged and am beginning my weddin planning journey. Long before we got engaged we talked about doing a destination wedding in the Carribean and since travel from the US to Puerto Rico is so easy, we landed on San Juan as our destiantion. Our parents have given us a pretty generous budget, but we'd like to save some of that money as a down payment on a house. Does anyone have any recommendations for beachfront resorts in San Juan or close to, that aren't crazy expensive. I don't want our guests to come all that way and feel like they're vacationing at a Travel Lodge. I'm thinking 4 stars or even 5 that were willing to negotiate. Thanks so much for you help in advance! Laughing

Re: I need help, Puerto Rico Style

• Options
    Congrats on your engagement and welcome to the board! I'm no help with PR, but I think it'd be helpful if you define what your budget is for beach resorts.
  • Options
    I'm no help either but welcome aboard and happy planning!

Wedding Bio

New Married Blog
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker ~Pamela&Steven~6.25.2011~PuntaCana,DR~ image
  • Options
    Congrats on your engagement and welcome to the best board EVERRRR!!! lol

i am a pr bride also! wooo!! im actually getting married at the Caribe Hilton in San Juan. There are so many gorgous spots in pr to get married but this for me was the best option. it has everything i want
    -5 mins from the airport
    -i can get married by the beach and have my cocktail hour and reception in other areas.
    -the resort is beautiful.

a couple of things to keep in mind is, your budget, how many people u want to go, what exactly u want for your day.

theres also  el conquistador resort. i can tell u that i have always dreamed of getting married here, but it wasnt in my budget. that is another gorgeous resort to look into.

ummm....i would suggest definitly looking into resorts, you can find a lot of gorgeous places. 

why did u choose pr?
  • Options
    I cant help on PR, but welcome to the board! Jilly (JillianKrystal) is amazing, so Im sure her advise will be very helpful.
    Wedding Countdown TickerWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome to the board and congrats on the engagement!!  I'm a St. Thomas bride but I'm originally from PR.  By reading your post it seems that you have a nice budget to work with so you might want to check out these resorts - # 1and # 3 are outside of San Juan but totally worth the 20 min drive!!

1. Wyndham Rio Mar -  http://www.wyndhamriomar.com/
    2. El San Juan Hotel - http://www.elsanjuanhotel.com/
    3. Gran Melia Puerto Rico - http://www.gran-melia-puerto-rico.com/en/

Hope this helps and good luck with your planning~
  • Options
    Congrats on your engagement! I am getting married at the La Concha Resort in San Juan on May 14, 2011.  It is beautiful there.  It is right on the beach so you can get married on the beach or on the hotel grounds.  We are getting married on a large terrace that overlooks the beach.  The hotel gave us a great room rate, and it is also a Marriot Renaissance Resort, so I believe Marriot members can use their points.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Do you like the La Concha? Its definitely one of the resorts we are eyeing, but I haven't heard back from the yet. Do you perhaps have a point person I could contact? What do you like about them? Thanks so much for your help in advance!

• Options
    Thank you guys so much for your input and the congratulaitons! We're getting some quotes back from resorts is San Juan right now, but we're also open to small resorts outside of San Juan as well. I feel so anxious about finding the right place, but I think once I get it squared away I can begin to enjoy the process of wedding planning. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards