• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

WP Hotel rooms (again, sorry)

Sorry to bring this up again, but I am still torn about this. 

We are doing two hotel blocks for guests.  One at an upscale hotel where FI and I will stay, where the BM's will get ready.  The other hotel is a Hampton Inn.  Nice, but not nearly as expensive.  Both are about 3 mi from reception site, but in opposite directions. 

FI was talking about buying the attendants rooms at the nicer hotel.  I have mentioned we were thinking about this to two BMs, although no promises have been made.  Last night FI and I were talking about this again, and I mentioned that if we buy them rooms in the nice hotel that we will be spending over $1,000 in gifts for WP and parents. 

So we are considering not buying the nice hotel rooms, but offering to a. pay for a room at Hampton Inn or b. put money that Hampton Inn room would have cost towards a room at the nice hotel.  We are planning on doing a shuttle after the reception to both hotels for guests.  But then on Sunday we will have a brunch at the hotel where we are staying (which is 6 mi away from Hampton Inn).  The cheaper hotel would be about $85 a night for us to book in advance, whereas the more expensive would be $140.  We have 4 people to buy rooms for.  What do you think?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 183 Invited image 99 Confirmed image 84 Regrets RSVP Date: August 20th

Re: WP Hotel rooms (again, sorry)

• We arent paying for any of our bridal party to stay at the hotel. It's costing them $250 and they are more than willing to pay it. I know if I were in a wedding I would never expect the bride and groom to pay for my hotel room. I'd be more than happy to spend whatever I had to, you figure if they are in your wedding you are special to them. And they would have no problem spending money for such an important moment in your life.

Nine-Ten Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of FI and Me!
    image image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    204image 138image 41image 25image RSVP August 18

• You know your BMs better than us - are they the type that will turn up their noses at staying in the Hampton?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone
  • I think it's super generous that you're offering to foot the bill for their accommodations, period. It would take big balls for someone to complain that it's not the more expensive hotel that OMG you had the gall to book for your wedding night!

Also, IS it Friday yet??
    BabyName Ticker
  • We have two in town BM's and one in town GM, so we are really buying them instead of gift, so they won't drink and drive.  The OOT WP we'd be saving them some $$.  I had a previous post about this, and discussed giving them a small extra gift too (maybe a candle and bubble bath for girls).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Why don't you leave it up to them.  Tell them you will help with the room but they can decide which one they want to stay in.  Pay for the cost of the Hampton and they can upgrade if they wish...
    So Happily Married to the Love of my Life! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Kath, that's exactly what the plan is.  Offer to buy a Hampton Inn room outright, or else offer to put that money towards the more expensive place.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    Ninth Anniversary 5000 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited June 2010
    Our only hotel room block is at a nice Hampton Inn, and the OOT WP people can pay for their own rooms.  I'm struggling as it is to pay for this wedding; I can't afford to pay for anyone's accomodations on top of it!

ETA:  I voted for "Is it Friday yet??"
  • I also think it's way generous of you to foot the bill for their accomodations...I'm sure whereever they stay, they will be really grateful!!!
    So Happily Married to the Love of my Life! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'd be fine with the Hampton Inn, though wouldn't really mind paying $140 for the more convenient location, either (did it at my best friend's wedding last year, in fact). If your concern is to have them closer to you/convenience and you do want to do something nice, perhaps offer to pay the difference (after taxes) between the Hampton Inn and the hotel that you're staying in.

But honestly, I really don't think it's necessary for you to pay for their hotel rooms.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/lily_ooc/30ku6ig.jpg[/IMG]
    Sept 2011 Moms siggy challenge: Summertime fun - Beer Festival :)
  • I think offering any money towards a hotel stay is extremely generous.  We are not footing the bill for our bridal parties room and they are all out of town or out of state.  I am spending about $75 for gifts.
    Photobucket
  • I think that it would be very generous just to offer. I wouldn't expect a bride to pay for the WP rooms. I think that paying the Hampton Inn price on the nicer hotel where you are staying or offering to pay the whole Hampton Inn bill is wonderful.

I can't wait for Friday....
    IAmPregnant Ticker Photobucket
  • First of all, where I'm from $140/ night is a steal. The Hampton Inn near me is $180 -$200 out of season, and up to $450 in season.

I think your WP will appreciate you picking up the tab wether it's the Hampton Inn or the other hotel. If you want to give them a choice in hotel, then present them with "hotel voucher"- covers Hampton completely, and helps with the other.

• Ok, thanks girls!  I just sent out an email to WP offering the Hampton Inn, or a voucher of Hampton Inn price towards the Golden Hotel.  I feel good about this.  It was just too much to spend that much on gifts. This is still a lot, but it is more reasonable at least.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re: WP Hotel rooms (again, sorry):
    [QUOTE]Why don't you leave it up to them.  Tell them you will help with the room but they can decide which one they want to stay in.  Pay for the cost of the Hampton and they can upgrade if they wish...
    Posted by kath5489[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I think it would be the best solution. and either way you are doing such a nice gesture!
    [url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards