North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

I Need Some Help Ladies

So FMIL gave me some heart shaped glass bowls to use for the reception.  They won't go with the centerpieces that I'm using but I feel like I should incorporate them somehow.  Any ideas??  I thought about maybe putting them on the cake table or the gift table but I'm not sure what to do with them or put in them.  They're the shallow ones that you buy at the Dollar Tree.  Any ideas would be great...I know how crafty all of you are.
Anniversary

Re: I Need Some Help Ladies

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My centerpieces ate shallow bowls. I put blue gems at the bottom, filled them with water, and put floating candles in them! Turned out cute!
  • Options
    rebecca2929rebecca2929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This is my centerpiece that's going on all the guest tables.  I can't figure out a way to incorporate the heart shape in them.  What about the cake or gift tables?

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     How big are they? (I love your centerpieces by the way)
    I thought of candy, favors, mini fans or mini sunblocks
    Lisa Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    eeforbeseeforbes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah my first thought is candy like ldybug78 suggested.  You could set them on the cake table with little candies in your colors in them maybe.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's what I'm going to do.  The problem is where do I find candy in my colors...navy and fuschia?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've seen bags of M&Ms in single colors at Michaels.  Do you have one of those near you?  http://www.michaels.com/
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do indeed.  I'm gonna hit them up this weekend along with the party supply stores to see what I can find.  If I'm unable to find anything I like then I'll probably stick them on the gift table with some floating candles in them...sigh.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My MIL used those same bowels for our wedding welcome dinner, so I know what you're talking about.  I think they're fairly small for floating candles, but maybe not if you used tealights.

I'd probably go with the candy, but wouldn't want them around my cake for pictures.  Maybe the guestbook table? 

06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very true Ms Teach.  We're not having a guest book which means no guest book table.  I think they'll be better suited at the gift table.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I can't remember where your reception is but would it work to put them in the bathrooms and fill them with small hairsprays, feminine products, spray deodorant, oil wipes for face, etc?

• Options
    mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My thought is candy too.  You can try candy.com and shop by color.

http://www.candy.com/Pink-Candy_c_24.html
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our venue is the Aquarium but it's during the day while visitors are also there.  We have the room blocked off to keep strangers out.  While I could put them in the bathrooms I'd risk other folks taking them.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chrissie - how shallow are your bowls?  Could I see a picture of what they look like?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've got it!!  THE BAR!!  It hit me all of a sudden.  I'm gonna put on the bar table with some nuts and other stuff!  Thanks for all your help ladies.  Ya'll are awesome!

Anniversary
  • Options
    tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the bar is a great idea!  I was otherwise going to suggest putting some water in them to float the top of your flowers (if they fit, depending how big the bowls are) like your gerber daisies in your centerpieces; could tie things in at the bar/ cake table/ etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you still want a picture of my bowls?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chrissie's comment makes me giggle.  I'll show you a picture of my "cups" if you show me a picture of your "bowls".  LOL!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

HAHAHAHA Phillyboy

Chrissie - I would still like to see your bowls.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm giggling that Ms_Teach said "bowels"
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards