Georgia-Savannah

TYBEE ISLAND AND OCEAN PLAZA RESORT....

HAVE ANYONE BEEN TO OR HEARD ANYTHING BOUT TYBEE ISLAND OCEAN PLAZA RESORT ???? IM STILL TRYNA FIND A NICE SUMMER PLACE THATS NOT TO EXPENSIVE AND RAN ACROSS THIS PLACE IT LOOKS NICE AND REALLY AFFORDABLE AND WOULD BE GOOD FOR A FAMILY VACATION ALONG WITH MY WEDDING??? NEED INFO ON THIS PLACE LADYS GOOD OR BAD

Re: TYBEE ISLAND AND OCEAN PLAZA RESORT....

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome.  If you don't mind, could you please not type in all caps?  It really makes your post hard to read and, on the net, it actually means you are yelling.  Thank you.

As for your post about Ocean Plaza.  It really depends on what you are looking for.  It can actually be one of the most expensive hotels on the island.  The service there is also pretty iffy.  Are you wanting to have your wedding or reception there?  They do have meeting rooms that you can use for a reception.  You can also use their restaurant, The Dolphin Reef, for a reception. 
    Personally, I would suggest a beach house or condo for a family vacation.  The nightly fee usually comes out cheaper than a nightly hotel rental on Tybee.  They also have full kitchens where you could fix meals to save money.  They also have washers and dryers. 
    Let me know if you have any other Tybee questions.  I grew up on the island. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sgunnellsgunnell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The last time I stayed at the resort was in July 2008 and I must say that I was less than impressed with it. Of course you expect a bit of wear and  tear on a beach hotel- but it really was disgusting. The halls and the elevators all reeked with this terrible wet dog smell. The room itself was not bad and our view was amazing but unless they have made changes since then I would not consider them for my wedding. Oh and the view from their restaurant is spectacular but the food...not so much. Hope this helps some!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Tybee in September.  The reception is at the Dolphin Reef Lounge.  We are taking a hit with the quality of the rooms, but the view during the dinner is worth it for us.  We wouldn't think of cooking ourselves or setting/ cleaning up so I hope this is the best solution!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards