Not Engaged Yet

Mid-west Knottie G2G

So, Ely and I finally figured out our G2G. We are meeting in Chicago on February 18th. Anyone else want to join us? :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mid-west Knottie G2G

• elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_mid-west-knottie-g2g?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d175e39a-d184-47aa-a817-598e34c45ab0Post:fbda45b1-a7c9-419f-b592-1187a40c8c5b">Mid-west Knottie G2G</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, Ely and I finally figured out our G2G. We are meeting in Chicago on February 18th. Anyone else want to join us? :)
    Posted by CCO2012[/QUOTE]

Yay! Can't wait! : )
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I wish I could get there...I've never been to Chicago & I'd love to meet both of you ladies!Maybe I'll have to see if I could make that work somehow when it gets closer...
  • lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    edited December 2011
    If there was a SLAMMING sale on flights I would try to make it out.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • meamollymeamolly member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm Omaha is a hub city for flights to Chicago....
  • elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    That would be awesome if all of you could make it!! I think we might be doing a double date type thing, bringing the guys. I'm not sure if plans for that have changed or not.
    -Ely

• edited December 2011
    Yup, I'm still planning on bringing the BF... We can send all the men to play in Nike Town or something while we all shop! ;)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_mid-west-knottie-g2g?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d175e39a-d184-47aa-a817-598e34c45ab0Post:cb4df61a-5663-4f1f-a863-732bd37b7bec">Re: Mid-west Knottie G2G</a>:
    [QUOTE]That would be awesome if all of you could make it!! I think we might be doing a double date type thing, bringing the guys. I'm not sure if plans for that have changed or not.
    Posted by elannis[/QUOTE]

Ok - it's way more likely that the BF and I would go together and make a getaway weekend of it! Let me seriously think about this. I do get my bonus in February after all...and with Presiden't day that Monday it may be possible!
  • elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_mid-west-knottie-g2g?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d175e39a-d184-47aa-a817-598e34c45ab0Post:5a5e2cc1-1a40-4d0e-a60b-7f25b4d6ec10">Re: Mid-west Knottie G2G</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mid-west Knottie G2G : Ok - it's way more likely that the BF and I would go together and make a getaway weekend of it! Let me seriously think about this. I do get my bonus in February after all...and with Presiden't day that Monday it may be possible!
    Posted by allusive007[/QUOTE]

Yay!! : )
    -Ely

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_mid-west-knottie-g2g?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d175e39a-d184-47aa-a817-598e34c45ab0Post:5a5e2cc1-1a40-4d0e-a60b-7f25b4d6ec10">Re: Mid-west Knottie G2G</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mid-west Knottie G2G : Ok - it's way more likely that the BF and I would go together and make a getaway weekend of it! Let me seriously think about this. I do get my bonus in February after all...<strong>and with Presiden't day that Monday it may be possible!</strong>
    Posted by allusive007[/QUOTE]

Didn't even do that on purpose! BF works at a bank so he will be off that day too! YEAY!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeay! this is going to be awesome! :)
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think we need to get Audgie to create a G2G sticky so that we can keep track of things like this all in one place.  That way if we do find a "slamming sale on flights" we can try to make it to meetings not in our area.
  • polkadot111polkadot111 member
    edited December 2011
    Really?!?!?! Jeff and I may be very much up for this!!!!!!
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I WANT TO COME!!!! 

I have never been to Chi-Town. I will be seriously eyeing up airfare for that weekend :)

edited December 2011
    This would be so totally awesome! I can't wait to ask FI about it later!! :)

A 6+ hour drive from here would be totally worth it.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so excited so many of you guys wanna meet up with us! :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_mid-west-knottie-g2g?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:d175e39a-d184-47aa-a817-598e34c45ab0Post:786c02ad-9eaf-4354-9c16-525d2bb7996e">Re: Mid-west Knottie G2G</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we need to get Audgie to <strong>create a G2G sticky</strong> so that we can keep track of things like this all in one place.  That way if we do find a "slamming sale on flights" we can try to make it to meetings not in our area.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

I love this idea Elle! The only reason Becunning is making it to our Denver g2g is because she happens to be attending a conference here this weekend. It would be so nice to check the sticky when traveling to see if others will be in the same place! I love the idea of sharing flight sales and hotel deals too!!
  • becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely can't. :(  I'll be buried in student teaching by then!
  • IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I am soooo in!!! BF and I need another vacay to Chi-town (we spent our first spring break together there). And Feb 16 is our 2 year anniversary! :D 

• edited December 2011
    I would love to, and it would be super convenient to take the train straight there, but FI and I are going to NYC the next week, so that's our big bucks trip!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_mid-west-knottie-g2g?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d175e39a-d184-47aa-a817-598e34c45ab0Post:f758b138-d64d-4fc1-87e3-ef051c7f4195">Re: Mid-west Knottie G2G</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so excited so many of you guys wanna meet up with us! :)
    Posted by CCO2012[/QUOTE]

I'm so excited so many are interested too! : ) This is going to be awesome!! : )
    -Ely

• CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I live here. Also that is the day before my 27th birthday!
  • edited December 2011
    Would it be ok if I consider coming along?  I live down in Indy, so it's only a 4 hour drive up.
  • elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_mid-west-knottie-g2g?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d175e39a-d184-47aa-a817-598e34c45ab0Post:777d36fa-57e3-4114-a7a8-dcbebc323853">Re: Mid-west Knottie G2G</a>:
    [QUOTE]Would it be ok if I consider coming along?  I live down in Indy, so it's only a 4 hour drive up.
    Posted by alyaki[/QUOTE]

The more the merrier!! Definitely come! : )
    -Ely

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_mid-west-knottie-g2g?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d175e39a-d184-47aa-a817-598e34c45ab0Post:15064a62-882b-40bd-932f-d01402e6fc52">Re: Mid-west Knottie G2G</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would love to, and it would be super convenient to take the train straight there, but<strong> FI and I are going to NYC the next week,</strong> so that's our big bucks trip!
    Posted by swhite2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh reeeeeeeeeeeeally? Since I've been dubbed the NEY G2G Hoar, I just would like to say that I hope to be seeing you when you're in town!</div>

• elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    So does anyone have any ideas for stuff to do in Chicago? I've only been there once and it was years ago, so I have no clue!
    -Ely

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_mid-west-knottie-g2g?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d175e39a-d184-47aa-a817-598e34c45ab0Post:1d45c98e-9c8d-463f-9f41-3abbde9cfa5d">Re: Mid-west Knottie G2G</a>:
    [QUOTE]So does anyone have any ideas for stuff to do in Chicago? I've only been there once and it was years ago, so I have no clue!
    Posted by elannis[/QUOTE]

When I asked FI if he would go he said, "But there's nothing to do there!!" Someone give me some convincing ideas of things to do in Chicago to tell him.
  • lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally want to go! I'll have to see though because BF and I are trying to save every extra dollar for Japan. Though, there is always the Megabus...now I just need to find a good hotel deal...hmmm. Count me as a maybe :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_mid-west-knottie-g2g?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d175e39a-d184-47aa-a817-598e34c45ab0Post:f532cd10-b9b9-48dc-9e68-b1f55a2c2ad1">Re: Mid-west Knottie G2G</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mid-west Knottie G2G : When I asked FI if he would go he said, "But there's nothing to do there!!" Someone give me some convincing ideas of things to do in Chicago to tell him.
    Posted by polkadot111[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing he's not going to be in for a shopping trip, lol. The only thing I remember is Shedd Aquarium and also there's a Medieval Times Theater there if anyone likes those. Other than that, I got nothing.
    -Ely

• CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Architectural boat tour (maybe not in the winter), ice skating in millenium park, shopping, musicals, so much good food, great bar scene, sears/willis tower, hockey game. . . tons of stuff!!

eta: Field Museum (awesome), Aquarium, Planetarium, and Art Institute (also so awesome!)
  • IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I love all the museums/ sciencey/historical stuff! :) But then again, I'm a nerd :)

Adler Planetarium and Astronomy museum
    Shedd aquarium
    Children's museum
    navy pier
    Museum of science and industry
    lincol park zoo
    Willis Tower Skydeck
    Hershey's Chicago
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards