Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

B&M Monday

My only thing is that is was sort-of raining this morning... I don't want "sort-of" rain, I want a thunderstorm! :) And the weekend was too short, as always.
**Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: B&M Monday

• angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I missed the rain this morning entirely. :(  It may have rained in Dallas but I was in Denton by 7:15AM.

Totally missed my workout this morning at the new gym on campus, and that was my goal for today was to get started on working out.  Blah.

Frist class is going to be TOUGH. Our professor made us write out huge name tags to put on our desk and then we had to write our names on the back of a business card.  He will draw them out of a hat during class and we have to be prepared to answer his questions.  I do NOT learn well in this type of environment and I'm just hoping I can keep up!

Have a good Monday, ladies! :)
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • lauram3177lauram3177 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah it really was too short. With hair in FTW, bridals in Dallas, then back to FTW to get the kid, then home to Ennis. Then back to FTW Sunday to work on addressing those invites... I am not sure who needs a break more.. me or my car!!!! 

Funny story about the invites... So I ask FI to help me address them, it was my mom, sister, him and myself. He asks me what to do about singles, I tell him put their name & guest. Ok, later that evening I was going through them making sure I had one for everyone on my list. I notice he has written them like the... Matthew & Guest Martinez.... HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA silly boys. I couldnt help but laugh, and then call my mom... Whatever, I was just so thankful he helped.
  • winechic25winechic25 member
    edited December 2011
    Eek angelsong, I would have anxiety throughout the entire class if I had a professor that did that, good luck! I really can't B&M this morning...my bridal shower was this weekend and I am truly blessed to have such fantastic friends and family in my life, so I'm still on a high from that!!
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:bcb80b22-5b89-4475-8731-f7117ea90586Post:166d7a2c-37c4-492f-a6d3-c6e9c8929555">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I missed the rain this morning entirely. :(  It may have rained in Dallas but I was in Denton by 7:15AM. Totally missed my workout this morning at the new gym on campus, and that was my goal for today was to get started on working out.  Blah. Frist class is going to be TOUGH. Our professor made us write out huge name tags to put on our desk and then we had to write our names on the back of a business card.  He will draw them out of a hat during class and we have to be prepared to answer his questions.  I do NOT learn well in this type of environment and I'm just hoping I can keep up! Have a good Monday, ladies! :)
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

Is this at TWU and is his name Dr. Woods?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    I had an order for 12 bouts...the buyer is now MIA.....lovely.
  • bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    got some stuff done this weekend, although it was accompanied by drama

Check #1. got the shoes for my brother and FI to wear on the wedding day - drama....almost got into a fist fight with a chick at the store

Check#2. we had our wedding shower! :) it was wonderful, we had a great turnout and got lots of awesome gifts! the lady next door to our area at blue mesa was being very rude and almost punched FSIL in the face....

Check #3 i found FI's wedding gift, while out doing this we stopped for lunch and i again...almost got into a fist fight

I dont know what it was about this past weekend, people were in a bad freaking mood.....oh well...i still enjoyed it! :)
  • crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:bcb80b22-5b89-4475-8731-f7117ea90586Post:e665386b-824f-4959-b6a8-b0668874e447">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had an order for 12 bouts...the buyer is now MIA.....lovely.
    Posted by MLandCJ[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry Court. Had you started making them yet?

I'm super frusterated today, people are yelling all over the place. It doesn't make it any better that I had ridiculous nightmares last night. (Thank you National Geographic...)

And I'm sunburned, we went to Lake Ray Hubbard to do an hour of FILs 2 hour jetski and I guess the other people who were supposed to come at that time cancelled, so the Jet ski lady let us take that one for 2 hours at no charge. It was fun...but we're paying for it today. lol (That wasn't so much of a B&M..)
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    Holy cow, I'm love'n it!
  • aeliza06aeliza06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks- i guess it is kind of more of an AW post, but I was definitely too excited not to share! 
  • laurencstelaurencste member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Today's B&M: If your name is not on an invitation, YOU'RE NOT INVITED!  No, your friends/the people you're staying with/your 2 year old/your dog/your favorite manicurist/that guy you just met at In-n-Out who offered you some fries yesterday cannot come.
  • edited December 2011
    Can't see it, but so glad you went with Jeff!  He's awesome!

Court, I am half tempted to buy the bouts from you if your buyer never shows.

Angelsong, ME TOO (about the gym) and I am totally regretting it.

I have no real complaints, except that I am still feeling pretty overwhelmed with all the school stuff I have to do.  I'm hoping this week I can get my head and shoulders above water and then keep moving up!

I had such a busy weekend... Sunday was a real blessing.  Just got to relax.  Had a marriage prep class with FI, got our invitations (and addressed over half)!  We ALMOST sealed the envelopes without putting stamps on the RSVPs -- THAT would have been a disaster.
    Anniversary

• bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:bcb80b22-5b89-4475-8731-f7117ea90586Post:8c01b26e-0f92-4a5d-9415-b2e97ad65669">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]After a crafty weekend, our house is a WRECK! And I am throwing a surprise bday party for FI on Friday- lots and lots of cleaning to do.  On a positive note, FI helped a lot with many of the crafts, which makes me think I might be able to recruit him for our wedding diy stuff.  Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]

You have a PM.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:bcb80b22-5b89-4475-8731-f7117ea90586Post:b06df0b7-b3e9-4d81-b333-7bfe793257b9">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today's B&M: If your name is not on an invitation, YOU'RE NOT INVITED!  No, your friends/the people you're staying with/your 2 year old/your dog/your favorite manicurist/that guy you just met at In-n-Out who offered you some fries yesterday cannot come.
    Posted by laurencste[/QUOTE]

THIS! I am trying to be nice and am willing to make exceptions for spouses I may not have known about or forgot.

On the same note, I don't get why more people haven't RSVP yet when the deadline is in 2 days. I guess people don't get that they can't just show up. Although I am worried that is what is going to happen!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Amanda!! Glad you found us!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • aeliza06aeliza06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Angela!  Glad I found ya'll too! Hopefully I can make the next G2G 

laurencste- Have people been upset when you don't include their children on the invitation? I am so afraid about offending people, but in reality, small children aren't going to remember our wedding (and don't even know us!) and I really don't feel like having to make space for them when the count is small enough already.

• winechic25winechic25 member
    edited December 2011
    Aeliza06 ~ we just sent our invitations out two weeks ago and did not include children on ours, and so far, haven't had anyone say anything negative. We've already received RSVPs back from some who had kids, and no issues (so far) with them adding them in. That said, we have been talking and having our families spread the word that we were not inviting children. Very few exceptions will be made (we're talking immediate family and flower girls only)!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:bcb80b22-5b89-4475-8731-f7117ea90586Post:57463fa2-8ed9-49ee-86ab-9e1155315c55">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE] laurencste - Have people been upset when you don't include their children on the invitation? I am so afraid about offending people, but in reality, small children aren't going to remember our wedding (and don't even know us!) and I really don't feel like having to make space for them when the count is small enough already.
    Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]

The only person who was upset was my FSIL.  We have a blanket rule that no kids could come at all, regardless if they were kids of friends or family-- because it is rude to make exceptions.  They were very angry, and flatly told my FI (not me, though we had had many conversations about it) that they were bringing their young children to our wedding.  Not. happening.  The fact is, our dinner is not served until 8, it's open bar, dancing--it's not appropriate for children.  We begged them not to bring the kids to the reception, but they gave us no choice-- they are coming to the ceremony.

My vote is, stand your ground--but be prepared for some (probably few) people to be extremely angry with you, even if you have had multiple conversations with them and they told you they understood.  Some may even not come, it happens at every kid-free wedding.  I personally think it's worth it, because I don't want the focus on children, and I don't want to accomodate them at a grownup event.  This is you and your family's event.  No one is entitled to an invitation--period.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:bcb80b22-5b89-4475-8731-f7117ea90586Post:e6f42968-7a4b-4fbc-8aed-b618df31fae3">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aeliza06 ~ we just sent our invitations out two weeks ago and did not include children on ours, and so far, haven't had anyone say anything negative. We've already received RSVPs back from some who had kids, and no issues (so far) with them adding them in. That said, we have been talking and having our families spread the word that we were not inviting children. Very few exceptions will be made (we're talking immediate family and flower girls only)!!
    Posted by winechic25[/QUOTE]

We sent out our invites July 18 and just last Friday (5 days before our RSVP deadline) was when it all blew up in our face.  So, some people wait because they just think you'll cave on the kid thing.  Don't do it! :)
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:bcb80b22-5b89-4475-8731-f7117ea90586Post:eb3143d2-dde1-4d0f-b81c-c70d161b2411">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : Is this at TWU and is his name Dr. Woods?
    Posted by MLandCJ[/QUOTE]

TWU - yes, Dr. Woods -no.  It's a Dr. in the nutrition dept.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:bcb80b22-5b89-4475-8731-f7117ea90586Post:166d7a2c-37c4-492f-a6d3-c6e9c8929555">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I missed the rain this morning entirely. :(  It may have rained in Dallas but I was in Denton by 7:15AM. Totally missed my workout this morning at the new gym on campus, and that was my goal for today was to get started on working out.  Blah. Frist class is going to be TOUGH. Our professor made us write out huge name tags to put on our desk and then we had to write our names on the back of a business card.  He will draw them out of a hat during class and we have to be prepared to answer his questions.  I do NOT learn well in this type of environment and I'm just hoping I can keep up! Have a good Monday, ladies! :)
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

This is such a ridiculous teaching strategy.  I realize a college class has like 50-something students or more, and I realize the point is to keep all those student focused, but maybe the content should be, I don't know, somewhat interesting?  I'm sorry that's happening to you.  =(
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:bcb80b22-5b89-4475-8731-f7117ea90586Post:7bdb96fd-4c83-4fa1-839b-035ea0e2b8d1">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : This is such a ridiculous teaching strategy.  I realize a college class has like 50-something students or more, and I realize the point is to keep all those student focused, but maybe the content should be, I don't know, somewhat interesting?  I'm sorry that's happening to you.  =(
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Ita. I would be so anxious in that type of setting and I probably wouldn't remember anything afterwards! Also Amanda (professor) I had a dream last night like yours were I didn't remember the ceremony or reception, but I wasn't worried cause I knew I'd have a video afterwards. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I just noticed that my ticker says I have 1 month, 1 week, and 1 day left. It's coming too quick!!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow Angela!  You are almost there!

No real B&M here today other than being rained on all morning :P
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:bcb80b22-5b89-4475-8731-f7117ea90586Post:7bdb96fd-4c83-4fa1-839b-035ea0e2b8d1">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : This is such a ridiculous teaching strategy.  I realize a college class has like 50-something students or more, and I realize the point is to keep all those student focuse, but maybe the content should be, I don't know, somewhat interesting?  I'm sorry that's happening to you.  =(

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.  I have TERRIBLE social anxiety, especially when it comes to talking in front of a class.  I worked very hard to get better about it in ASL (we had to stand up in front of the class every class period and were put on the spot, but that's part of learning a language and my classmates were like family after awhile), but it still terrifies me.  The last thing I want is to look stupid in front of my classmates.  No matter what setting, if someone asks me a question and puts me on the spot, I will completely blank.  I usually know the answer, but in the moment it won't come to me.  I can understand how avoiding humiliation may motivate some students, but for me it makes me just want to skip class... :(

Angela -- YAAAAY, your ticker says you are getting super close! :)
  • btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our RSVP deadine is this Wednesday and we still have a lot we haven't received. A stamped postcard shouldn't be that hard to figure out....grrr.

Also, I have had a few people add their children. I was hoping not listing them would work, but apparently not. This late in the game I am just gonna have to roll with it, not worth trying to fight some family drama right now. So I will cave and try my best to accomodate their kids, but I don't know what I will do about their seating (guess they can sit in their parents lap :P).
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:bcb80b22-5b89-4475-8731-f7117ea90586Post:bd836b41-8456-45ef-ada9-648a92a0ee7b">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow Angela!  You are almost there! No real B&M here today other than <strong>being rained on all morning</strong> :P
    Posted by KendallandAlbert[/QUOTE]

That's a B&M?!?!  More like a MIRACLE!
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:bcb80b22-5b89-4475-8731-f7117ea90586Post:7e7ee212-a7aa-457f-bfbd-fdb0723f6c16">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : That's a B&M?!?!  More like a MIRACLE!
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

Totally agree!!!  BTW, there look to be some storms this weekend and we were going to hold the Labor Day festivities this weekend.  If it means we have to cancel or go to Plan B, I'm good with it if it means the 100 degree days go away!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, so here's a cute story (or I thought so).

FI went to the post office today to get stamps for our invites and response cards.  I told him he needed the wedding stamps for heavy invites.  Apparently he just went in and asked for the heavy-weight stamps.  They asked if he needed any special kind, and he said no.  One of the other PO employees saw the envelope he was holding (to ask the person to weigh it) and asked, "What's in there?"  FI just shrugged and said, "Wedding invitation?"
    So the ladies at the PO told him to ask me what I was thinking sending a man to take care of details like that.  =)
    Anniversary

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:bcb80b22-5b89-4475-8731-f7117ea90586Post:faa52122-6733-41a8-9004-f54d302df66b">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, so here's a cute story (or I thought so). FI went to the post office today to get stamps for our invites and response cards.  I told him he needed the wedding stamps for heavy invites.  Apparently he just went in and asked for the heavy-weight stamps.  They asked if he needed any special kind, and he said no.  One of the other PO employees saw the envelope he was holding (to ask the person to weigh it) and asked, "What's in there?"  FI just shrugged and said, "Wedding invitation?" So the ladies at the PO told him to ask me what I was thinking sending a man to take care of details like that.  =)

LOL love it! :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-86?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:bcb80b22-5b89-4475-8731-f7117ea90586Post:7e7ee212-a7aa-457f-bfbd-fdb0723f6c16">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : That's a B&M?!?!  More like a MIRACLE!
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

In a car with no A/C = I can't roll down the windows = so. Fing. Hot. (and humid)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards