Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

How long were you

Dating before you got engaged? Nicole's confession got me wondering?

Re: How long were you

• Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    8 years. EIGHT!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got engaged a few weeks after our 2 year anniversary.

• edited December 2011
    1 year and 10 months
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    3 1/2 years. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1 year and 2 months, to the day. Started dating Sept. 1, got engaged Nov 1 the following year. Friends for a few months before we started dating though.
  • edited December 2011

7 years.  We're at 8 years this May.

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Uhhhh.... I really have to think about this one...

5yr 9mo

We always got the "when are you guys getting married?" question.
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_long-were?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:a59abe7f-8f1e-4dc5-8b58-eb255bd2d307Post:338dcfa0-0180-456c-9fb3-b3308964460e">Re: How long were you</a>:
    [QUOTE]8 years. EIGHT!
    Posted by Bean32[/QUOTE]

I read you yelling EIGHT like in the scene in the first Sex and the City movie where Charlotte announces to the restaurant that Carrie has gotten engaged after dating for NINE YEARS.

• edited December 2011
    about a year and a half. I moved in with him 8 mos. into dating. that sounds kind of fast for some people, but as i said in a previous post, we are in our late twenties/early thirties. when you know, you know :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    9 months.  Then engaged 2.5 YEARS!  
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_long-were?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:a59abe7f-8f1e-4dc5-8b58-eb255bd2d307Post:b3db8d60-3d1d-402a-8c90-27fd835a8a1b">Re: How long were you</a>:
    [QUOTE]Uhhhh.... I really have to think about this one... 5yr 9mo We always got the "when are you guys getting married?" question.
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE] Ugh I got that too. And the kids thing, like good lord I am not even married and you want me to spit a kid out.
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    eight years and two months.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_long-were?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:a59abe7f-8f1e-4dc5-8b58-eb255bd2d307Post:15e968e2-fedd-4c7c-86d0-eedef91e1871">Re: How long were you</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How long were you : I read you yelling EIGHT like in the scene in the first Sex and the City movie where Charlotte announces to the restaurant that Carrie has gotten engaged after dating for NINE YEARS.
    Posted by dibsontop[/QUOTE]

That's how it sounded in my head too when I wrote it.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2 and half years.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    dated for 2 years 1 month, and then engaged for 2 years 1 month.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • edited December 2011

Almost 5 years.  Although it felt longer than that!

• edited December 2011
    Dating - 3 yrs 2 mo
    Engaged - 1 yr 10 mo
  • edited December 2011
    Dated for a year and 11 months. Engaged for 17 months.

My confession was not for anyone here. We have a temp and she asked me about when me met when we got engaged etc. then said "wow that was quick". I just think that is a rude response.
  • edited December 2011
    Really?  I think a year is fairly typical time to get engaged once you are out of "college" time.  

In my mind from meeting to wedding was 2 ish years.  
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_long-were?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:a59abe7f-8f1e-4dc5-8b58-eb255bd2d307Post:ab16f467-f2b5-486e-ad30-8c37435c2b76">Re: How long were you</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dated for a year and 11 months. Engaged for 17 months. My confession was not for anyone here. We have a temp and she asked me about when me met when we got engaged etc. then said "wow that was quick". I just think that is a rude response.
    Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]

Nicole, my timeline is about the same- When you know, you know!  We get married this June (25th) and will be together a total of 3 years in August.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    And, rudest thing ever said to me by someone at work...

"Are you sure this time?" By more than 1 person...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    8 months. To the day. BUUUTTT- again, we've been friends for 7-ish years. He's been there for me through everything. From planning my first wedding, (yikes, that sounds bad) to my divorce, to being preggers, and all the crap I went through with her father... he's amazing. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_long-were?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:a59abe7f-8f1e-4dc5-8b58-eb255bd2d307Post:44ba4454-4258-49ea-bd8a-1056614c30af">Re: How long were you</a>:
    [QUOTE]Really?  I think a year is fairly typical time to get engaged once you are out of "college" time.   In my mind from meeting to wedding was 2 ish years.  
    Posted by NCV2[/QUOTE]

Ditto this. After college my time line was date a year, engaged a year. If a 28+ guy doesn't know if he wants to marry me after a year or not/I don't know... chances are he's not the one. I knew about 6 months in DH was the one. When you start dating young though, I see the long relationships before engagement.
  • a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_long-were?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:a59abe7f-8f1e-4dc5-8b58-eb255bd2d307Post:9c75ec3a-b134-4ba9-9c01-343a16c0080f">Re: How long were you</a>:
    [QUOTE]And, rudest thing ever said to me by someone at work... "<strong>Are you sure this time?"</strong> By more than 1 person...
    Posted by Cmrpsu03[/QUOTE]

SO FREAKIN RUDE!
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_long-were?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:a59abe7f-8f1e-4dc5-8b58-eb255bd2d307Post:9c75ec3a-b134-4ba9-9c01-343a16c0080f">Re: How long were you</a>:
    [QUOTE]And, rudest thing ever said to me by someone at work... "Are you sure this time?" By more than 1 person...
    Posted by Cmrpsu03[/QUOTE]

WOW. you win.
  • edited December 2011
    lol Nicole I don't want to win! :) actually there's more to the story, if peeps want to hear it i'll share in a separate post.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just under 2 years. And I'm talking like by days. By wedding time, we'll have been engaged for 19 months.

cmrpsu - oh.my.god. I can't believe one person would say that, let alone more...
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Dated for 1 year 2 months and was engaged for 1 year 6 months.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow @ Nicole & Cmrpsu.  Some people really have absolutely no tact.

I mean if you know within that amount of time, then all the power to you.  I knew within a year that Gzilla and I would get married.  I didn't think I was going to have to wait almost 8 years... but if he had asked me a year in, I would have still said yes.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards