Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Gift ideas for parents?

What is everyone doing?  I'm stumped...

Re: Gift ideas for parents?

• Clare13Clare13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Right now we are planning on ordering photo albums from our photographer and a gift card to a nice restaurant.  That way they can go and have a nice night out on the town on us.  I know that both of them want the photo albums.  So that really helps make it an easy decision. 
  • edited December 2011
    I think that we're going to get baseball tickets for my dad and step-mom to the new Twins stadium. I have no idea what we'll do for the other parents. Maybe a spa day or a massage? Something fun that they can do to relax and enjoy themselves. I think we'll do photo books for all of them as well. 
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are paying for the wedding ourselves so I think we are just planning on making photo books through shutterfly/kodak and going that route.
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I made photo albums for each set of parents on shutterfly, taloring each one to their family.  The photos included everything from proposal to shower to epics to wedding.  Both parents really liked them a lot.

• izzyjenniizzyjenni member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were planning on giving them a gift card for something like a massage, restaurant, or hotel night somewhere. Unsure yet, but in addition, we'll make them a photobook.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I bought them tickets to the Carole King/James Taylor concert at the Xcel.  Its just a couple days before my wedding, so they'll already be in town anyways! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We're taking our parents out to Capital Grille for dinner, just as a token of appreciation. I know our parents wouldn't want a trinket of some sort. 
  • edited December 2011
    We got my parents a wine of the month club membership for a year- every other month they get a new wine to try. We got my husband's parents a coffee of the month club membership for a year... they all love it. When we gave them their gifts we got my parents a bottle of wine and his a bag of coffee and each had a letter attached explaning the membership.
    We also got them a big picture frame to fill with wedding photos of their choice since we had the rights to all our photos.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards