Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

I need an MC...

So we are doing an iPod wedding...but we need someone to do the MC-ing part of it.  We were thinking of a family friend, but now I'm not so sure.  Any ideas of any MC's around the Pittsburgh area?  I don't need any equipment, just the person!

TIA!

Re: I need an MC...

• Options
    carcrashheartcarcrashheart member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    ipod weddings make me cringe. i just attending a wedding with an ipod reception and the bride's brother did the announcing. it wasn't a disaster, but it did alter the feeling of the entire reception. is was more like a night of mingling with some music in the background rather than a fun, dancing reception with some mingling. if the former is what you are looking for, then best of luck! i'm not sure who would do solely announcing. if you are looking for fun & dancing, you might want to reconsider and alter your budget to accomodate hiring a dj or band.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    amianne420amianne420 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The idea makes me cringe too, but my FI wants to do the ipod thing.  He wants everything laid back, which is fine with me, but I want that organization and flow to everything too...I'm trying to get him to reconsider, but thought I would make the effort with the MC in the meantime.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Y I OughtaY I Oughta member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just something to consider when doing an Ipod wedding. You can barely hear the music over everyone talking because the systems to play those are usually small. You would have to hook it up to a very loud system for this to work properly.

As for the MC, you would probably have to have some kind of mic for the person to use.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    katie88fkatie88f member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Really think this through!  So many things can go wrong with an ipod wedding.  Most DJS and willing to adapt to your theme.  If you want it laid back he will help in creating that. 
    I've been to an ipod wedding before and after the guests had a couple of drinks people (including the bride and groom) were going up to in and changing songs.  Literally we would be in the middle of a song and it would change because someone drunk didnt like it. 
    THey had a family member announce them in, which was fine, but if your having a big wedding hearing the person will be hard.  It depends on the space. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards