Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Shower Guest List

We are having a small wedding aboard a cruise ship before we set sail for our honeymoon.  The cruiseline only allows 50 people max to attend the ceremony.  As a result, there are a lot of people we can't invite to the wedding.  My family is now in the process of planning my bridal shower.   Can I invite friends and family not on the wedding guest list to the shower?    What other options do I have?  Thanks for any advice!

Re: Bridal Shower Guest List

• Options
    loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Only those invited to Wedding should be invited to Bridal Shower.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope. Inviting people to pre-wedding parties if they're not invited to the wedding is rude (especially the shower, because if you attend a shower you pretty much HAVE to bring a gift so they would be bringing you a gift to celebrate something they aren't even invited to see). If you want to celebrate with them you'll have to find a different venue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm assuming the reception is on the ship as well? If so, then no, you cannot invite anyone to your shower who is not attending the ceremony/reception. However, if you are having a reception separate from the ceremony where more people can be invited you can invite those people to you shower I would think.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp's it's very rude to invite people to pre-wedding parties that aren't invited to the actual wedding. It can appear gift grabby and you're looking to celebrate with people who are unable to celebrate at the actual wedding.This is a sacrifice you make when choosing to have a destination wedding, unless you're also hosting an at-home reception afterwards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-guest-list-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:80493de6-0fa8-4015-b5b7-793277658037Post:2cd918b5-6613-460c-9de1-1d7fa9338419">Re: Bridal Shower Guest List</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm assuming the reception is on the ship as well? If so, then no, you cannot invite anyone to your shower who is not attending the ceremony/reception. <strong>However, if you are having a reception separate from the ceremony where more people can be invited you can invite those people to you shower I would think.</strong>
    Posted by rknox88[/QUOTE]

No.  This is not true. If you are going to invite people to a shower to give you gifts, they must be invited to the actual wedding.  It's very rude to tell people they are not good enough to see you get married, but they are good enough to buy you a shower gift.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards