Connecticut

Back in the saddle!

Just ramping up again since I planned a chunk of my wedding after first getting engaged last March...and now...we're 6 months and it's time to get cracking!

FI and i sold my condo this winter and are closing on a house in April. It's been a wild, exciting few months, and it's amazing to see our lives together really getting started.

Just finished booking the HONEYMOON today! it will be the first time i've taken a full week (it will be TWO weeks!) off of work ...i think ever!  Napa Valley first for a few days, then to Maui for a week. It will be glorious.

Anyway, just wanted to reaquaint myself with CT brides and get back in the groove of planning. LOTS to do still!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! 172 invitedimage 149 accepted!image 23 can't make itimage

Re: Back in the saddle!

• edited December 2011
    Welcome back!  Your honeymoon sounds awesome!  I love Napa!  Haven't been to Maui, but I definitely want to go there someday.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dito PP- We're thinking about a HM in Hawaii but I have no clue where to even start- there are so many options! A stop in Napa sounds awesome!!
  • edited December 2011
    ::waves:: Hi Ana!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome :) we are getting married a week after you. Have fun planning.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • edited December 2011
    Your HM sounds amazing!!  Welcome back!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome back! Sounds like you are way ahead of the game. The HM sound awesome!
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back!! Your HM sounds amazing.. I've never been to either but both are on my list of places I'd love to see. Congrats on the new house! So exciting!
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_back-saddle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:60dc60ac-d8b8-4ba8-a5df-73f93ebd6b93Post:5cd73e13-8adb-4d80-9864-312e264f0edd">Re: Back in the saddle!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dito PP- We're thinking about a HM in Hawaii but I have no clue where to even start- there are so many options! A stop in Napa sounds awesome!!
    Posted by Vanessa630[/QUOTE]

DITTO!!!! Your HM sounds AMAZING!!! I am so lost when it comes to HM stuff!! We are thinking Hawaii too but I always wanted to go to Napa!

Details??

Welcome back!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Vanessa630: If you know what you want to do, like, lots of sight seeing/touristy things, or just relax in the lush souroundings, that will help you decide. Some islands are very busy with tourist attactions and shopping, while others (kauai) are beautiful and quiet. we were going to go to kauai, but went for Maui because of the resort we found. Maui seems to have both attractions and beautiful relaxation. good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! 172 invitedimage 149 accepted!image 23 can't make itimage
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips anaeser1!
    Originally, we were thinking Oahu- mainly because of the Turtle Bay Resort from Forgetting Sarah Marshall :) Kind of a crazy way to plan, but that resort is on the North Shore, pretty secluded from everything else which definitely has its benefits because we're really not looking to be right in the city. 
    I think we're starting to consider other islands though
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_back-saddle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:60dc60ac-d8b8-4ba8-a5df-73f93ebd6b93Post:2f4bac21-f381-4ce5-b96e-a3e405dea115">Re: Back in the saddle!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the tips  anaeser1 ! Originally, we were thinking Oahu- mainly because of the Turtle Bay Resort from Forgetting Sarah Marshall :) Kind of a crazy way to plan, but that resort is on the North Shore, pretty secluded from everything else which definitely has its benefits because we're really not looking to be right in the city.  I think we're starting to consider other islands though
    Posted by Vanessa630[/QUOTE]

FI totally wants to stay there too!! LOL

Love that movie!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.