Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

confusion about a Ceremony being held at the hall

Due to certain events i am now holding my ceremony at the reception hall is it ok to still have a full wedding party there are 2 bridesmades and a maid of honor 2 groomsmen and 1 best man a jr bridesmaid a jr groomsman a ringbearer and a flower girl . is it too much if it is being held at the hall we are going to do a cocktail break in between . i am just confused on what is the best way to handle it

Re: confusion about a Ceremony being held at the hall

• It's totally fine.  I don't know why it wouldn't be. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DD's ceremony was at the same venue as her reception.  They each had full WPs.  I'm not sure what your concern is, and why you think it might be inappropriate.

People have ceremonies and receptions at the same venue, accompanied by WPs, all the time.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • i don't see any reason not to. it's not like you have a ginormous party that won't fit. and, if you're worried about it looking cramped, you can have just the MOH and BM stand with you. the others walk down the aisle and then take a seat in the front row.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

• JCM10JCM10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I don't know why it'd be a problem...it's a wedding, then a reception. You do the wedding, complete w/ wedding party, and then you have a reception. I don't understand the concern...I know plenty of people who have done that. 
  • The ceremony and reception all in one place are getting more and more common.  No reason to change your WP.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Of course it's ok. The vast majority of weddings I attend have the ceremony and reception at the same site. They're the same as any other wedding. I'm not following why you'd even question that.
  • It will be great. I battled with the same issue. We both decided that it would be best to have it all in one place. I have a big wedding party and it is working out just fine.
  • I got married in the same room we held the reception in. We had BMs and GMs. I know tons of people that got married and had the reception at the same place and had a WP. For the most part, there's no real etiquette about having a WP based strictly on the location of the ceremony.

Obviously, I don't see a problem with it.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards